Gizmoplex navigation

Thanks for the response. I understand that the Cambot feature may be the only (or most practical) means of navigation during this testing period.

However, I believe that some of my points above elucidate a more fundamental problem: there is an inconsistency in the design, and in particular, the affordances. For all its noble desires and attempts at immersion, the entire thing still feels like a collection of scenes tied together somewhat chaotically.

Perhaps they should consult with someone like Ron Gilbert and get some further insight into how to build a point-and-click environment that feels cohesive and internally consistent. I’m sure he’ll say that it takes more than intricate artwork, arrows, and escalators.

You get the fundamental points right, and immersion follows naturally. This is the reason how even the likes of Mr. Gilbert were able to build interesting, highly engaging, and immersive worlds with just a few pixels and a handful of colours.

Anyway, as I said in my previous comment, I still find the experience of the Gizmoplex Theater rather engaging. I just think it is not very consistent.

-dZ.