GIZMOPLEX "Nice Touch" Idea Thread

I mean… you asked for it:

16 Likes

OMG! Nice

6 Likes

We apologise again for the fault in the page. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

7 Likes

404 pages are beautiful, perfect pages for playful nuggets. See Amazon’s dog photos on their 404 pages. You’re adding to an otherwise un-fun situation.

Not an Easter egg, but a nice touch would be elements that make you feel like you’re not alone in the Gizmoplex. Most websites and video streaming apps are by nature solitary experiences, but the Gizmoplex is supposed to be a real theater. Movie theaters (in theory) have people in them, sometimes lots.

Back to my thesis that MST3K is about coping with isolation, it would be nice if it somehow have you hints that there are other people there with you.

That, and an ever increasing counter of some kind.

7 Likes

The ushers should have randomly generate names from the Brett McLargehuge collection

7 Likes

Dont forget to sell Unhappy meals so Frank can finally get his r01K money back.

6 Likes

The directors of the firm hired to continue operating the website after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

5 Likes

I want pancakes!

Not necessarily as part of the site. Just in general.

5 Likes

Since theaters tend to have movie posters lining the walls, I’d like to see movie posters of various MST3K episodes, like are done for DVD cover art in the collections.

5 Likes

The animated art, like the postcards?

4 Likes

This absolutely needs to happen :joy: :clap:

5 Likes

@AramFingal, a larger version of your profile avatar would make an excellent 404 page image. :joy:

8 Likes

I know that the Nanites haven’t been used/referenced in forever, but it would be neat to see them incorporated somehow. Maybe one of those 404 page variations?

8 Likes

@biff_pow found the perfect GIF for this over in that thread

4 Likes

“Do you like my hat? I made it!”

5 Likes

We need a thread for this. This awesome!

3 Likes

A lot of these were shown at drive-ins. If you’re looking for a bulletin board thing I’d say a background of cars at a drive-in with the message on the screen. Maybe have the Mads segment look like a shoddy reel to reel effect. It could still be done by Rocket #9, but the screen gives off the vibe of a reel to reel movie.

1 Like

Another great idea from another topic:

9 Likes

I agree, but I think MystScienceTheater3000 is probably what we’re going to get on the web, lol. When I got the email that explained, apologetically, that the TV version of the app would essentially just be a normal streaming app, I was relieved. Exploring some kind of virtual theater sounds cute, but if I just want to watch an episode of MST3K that gag is going to get old quick.

2 Likes

I mean, as long as the TV apps have a few fun Easter Eggs for people who want to look for some … to find?

Nothing complicated? Perhaps a short HotDish recipe/cooking video with each cast making their favorite?

Or, maybe Crow giving a dramatic reading of one of his scripts?

Yeah, I’m weird. Shrug.

7 Likes