Gizmoplex Update - v 0.9.15

trying again…

In Chrome Mac / Dark Mode, still not doing it for me here?

Chrome Dark mode menus2

Chrome Dark mode menus4

Also, the “Ep#” preference only seems to be “Sticky” in the browser you’re using, cookies probably, not by your account. Still a nice improvement.

1 Like

Okay step-by-step.

First screen when you enter the Vault Fridge (so no choices made)

Making a selection from the menu (in this case wanting to see only Joel’s episodes). This menu looks great. East to read.

Made the choice and let the screen reload. Now you just see Joel’s episodes.

Going back to the menu to make a different choice (wanting to see just Mike’s epsiodes)

This is on a desktop computer, Win10, Chrome version Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) But it has been doing this since I gained access to the Virtual Theater a few weeks ago.

5 Likes

Disregard. I figured it out.

1 Like

@LadyShelley I can confirm the same results on my Win 10 and updated Chrome PC.
This has been the way my fridge has worked since the beginning.

2 Likes

What was your solution?

1 Like

To not be stupid and go to the right floor.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Checked the backer wall, and it has the actual numbers (mine is 4668, but I prefer showing off my Revival League card).
Video Fridge is also complete, and fully expect the extra shorts from the Other Guys in a few weeks

2 Likes

Ah, ok I’d missed that important detail.

I thought that this was a new behavior since the most recent update.

I have a Win10 PC, but can’t currently use it because I had to disassemble/rearrange things for a major household repair. The triple monitors/stand are on one side of the place and the PC is in another and the APC for them to plug into is where the gear all really belongs… all covered in plastic.

@LadyShelley and @Proffrink is this behavior consistent in all browsers on Win10 for you, or just Chrome?

@LadyShelley I’ll go step by step again, in Chrome Mac, but it looks like it’s a Win10 specific issue perhaps? (need to step away for some family stuff will finish this edit when I can, sorry.)

Ok, I’m back -

It’s looking more like a Windows 10 specific issue but will try the step by step again here on my Mac system just so we both are on the same page. I’m 99% sure we’re doing the same thing…

Step 1 - Load the fridge (no selections/default = all)

Step 2 - make a change/selection, I’ll try “MST3K Episodes” first.

Step 3 - allow the fridge to reload with that new selection and check how the menu appears.

Menu seems to be behaving/appearing correct. But let’s try changing it again.

Step 4 - Let’s switch to “Event Replays”

Step 5 - Allow the fridge to reload with the new new selection -

Ok, let’s reset and go back to “All” and change hosts?

Step 2b - Select Joel

Step 3b - Allow fridge to reload with new selection and check menu appearance

Still looking pretty nice? Skip to last step where I check the menu after selecting Jonah?

Again, it looks like something going on with Win10 browsers, not even just Chrome? (I really hope whatever the fix is doesn’t frack up mine, lol)

So, time for me to ask dumb questions -

1 - Have any of you changed any of the Windows 10 text/display settings from default? I’m wondering if that could have some kind of similar effect on multiple browsers as I’ve seen when some users had a custom css preloading in their browsers creating problems with some menus on some web sites in the past?

2 - You’re all on Win10, and it’s happening in multiple current browsers, I’m wondering if you’re all on the same Win10 build? And could that be different than the one @ivan is using?

3 - Are you all using the same Windows 10 theme? Could it be a dark mode glitch with a certain accent color? And, could that be different than what @ivan is using causing a difference from what he’s seeing?

Sorry I couldn’t come up with a solution.

2 Likes

@perfectfaceforradio Same results on same Win 10 PC using Edge Version 100.0.1185.36

2 Likes

Thanks @Proffrink, then it’s highly unlikely to be a browser setting or a custom css preloading to change text sizes or anything… (I’ve seen menu rendering issues with customers who had a custom css loaded in their browser settings to bump all text up in the browser at some web sites)

2 Likes

Using whatever the current build of Win10 happens to be. All patches and etc are up to date.

Nope, no special themes or anything, just ye old basic build. Interesting that it appears to be a Windows issue. I would suspect the browser before the OS.

2 Likes

Yup, me too.

1 Like

I can confirm this on Windows 10 and Chrome. What appears to be happening is that once you select a criterion, its button (drop-down menu) gets a lighter background, and this also lightens the background of its choices list (menu items), but much brigher. (Maybe the difference is due to the button being mostly transparent but the choices list isnt?)

If you unselect that criterion (by choosing “All” or clicking the “(x)” circle button), the button and its choices list return to normal.

P.S. In Firefox on Windows 10, the chosen criterion’s choices list background also appears lighter, but not as light, and slightly bluer, so the white font is still more legible than in Chrome. On Mac, the choices list seems to be displayed in its own Mac-like style, regardless of whether its criterion button is chosen and lighter.

2 Likes

It changes back…

Ok, so probably not an OS setting somewhere…

It’s more likely a browser/OS dependent css/script that affects the appearance of the menu when an item is selected.

I’m going to try a few different user agent strings after dinner and see what loads different.

But that would make it more odd that Ivan wasn’t seeing it on his Win10 system.

Grumble.

1 Like

Just wanted to note I updated my post above, but just so it doesn’t get missed:
My PC is on Win10 (build 19041.1237)
My Laptop is Win10 (build 19044.1586)
Both are using chrome.
The issue is present on both systems.
I’ve adjusted the Windows UI to Dark and changed the accent color on both, but don’t seem to have adjusted anything elsewhere.

2 Likes

Using Chrome on Chromebook. Everything works fine, and the dropdown display colors are easily visible. But every time I change the sort option the video fridge screen reloads itself, during which time I’m left staring at a blank loading screen (without even a White Dot!) for at least 5 seconds.

2 Likes

We think we’ve got a lead on fixing the menu issue. More news soon.

8 Likes

Thanks Ivan. If the solution isn’t too proprietary would love to know what the fix was. Definitely a brain itch inducing problem to look at even from this side.

1 Like

Speaking of Usher Crow…
His “wrists” seem like they’re different from one another, to me. :thinking:

3 Likes