Gizmoplex Update - v 0.9.16

We’re still keeping a few of the bigger updates under wraps for another 1-2 weeks while we finish them up, but – just in time for tonight’s free community screening – we’ve made some long overdue cosmetic upgrades and improved the wayfinding a bit.

Here’s what’s new this week…

UPDATE: THEATER EXTERIOR

• As our public opening approaches, Gizmoplex Management has been advised to turn the power back on for the floodlights outside the Kingadome.

• You’ll now see them moving when you arrive. How majestic.

UPDATE: VIDEO FRIDGE

• There’s now an EXIT in case you want to get back to the lobby.

• Until now, there was no point in going back to the lobby, but that’s all about to change, because…

NEW: WORKING ESCALATORS!

• The escalators have been repaired, making it easier to wander aimlessly from floor to floor!

• Just click on the arrows to go up and down, one floor at a time.

• You’ll notice that the escalators still aren’t moving. That might feel weird at first, but remember: you’re a Cambot. You float. What do you care?

• Also, we’ll get them moving eventually.

37 Likes

Looks like the Gizmoplex’s getting better each time!

11 Likes

They told me I could become anything…

… so I became a Cambot…

14 Likes

I’m certainly not camped out in the K-Dome waiting for showtime, and there’s definitely no need to worry about what’s in this cooler next to me.

14 Likes

The idea of being camped outside the Kingadome a la massively anticipated blockbusters is such a wonderful concept, that.

This is precisely what I would do if this was a “real thing.”

thestingnoseflick

8 Likes

Can’t you just camp beyond Kingadome?

16 Likes

Nitpicky question: why are there 4 separate doors in the Screening Bunkers? Just aesthetics or does it serve a practical purpose?

3 Likes

It’s a good question. For now, the intention was to imply that there are enough bunkers down there for everyone, not just a single bunker everyone uses. It’s also possible that in future there would be multiple viewing environments to choose from, but that’s TBD.

22 Likes

cough tikiloungebunker cough

12 Likes

Looking good!

I like the new light effect and the fact that the escalators do something now. Neat!

The menu colors are still wiggy after an initial selection, but you said you were working on that. There is a strange blink in the Fridge when you change the order. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but just a bit of odd.

7 Likes

Crow is slipping on the job. I got into the theater for the screening without anyone stopping me. I couldn’t start the movie on my own, but I was surprised that I could get in.

7 Likes

Psst… come sit by me… I do NOT have plenty of outside snacks and drinks in this cooler. :wink:

10 Likes

crowcooler

16 Likes

Thanks, kid - here’s a wine cooler for ya.

7 Likes

b99hotdamn

7 Likes

Sorry, I only drink Zima

4 Likes

In case anyone is having the same experience:

With this new update, I was having to load pages twice—first entering the lobby, Kingadome, etc. was giving me only a black screen. Refreshing the page loaded it correctly, but leaving and reentering behaved the same way (black screen—>reload—>correct screen).

I did a hard refresh (Shift-reload) on the full site and the issues went away.

6 Likes

escalator

7 Likes

If you brought real wine coolers, I’m voting for you for president.

3 Likes

Right. It’s all the Original Mads “candy” Assortment: slide whistles and brass knuckles.

8 Likes