Gizmoplex Update - v 0.9.20

Hey, look at that – it’s another update to the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater!

A lot of what we’ve been working on won’t be noticeable just yet, but is clearing the way for us to roll out a few big features in a future update, including the ability to DOWNLOAD VIDEOS without leaving the theater.

This time around, here are the most significant updates:

UPDATE: SCREENING BUNKER

• We’ve fixed a bug with the SKIP ANIMATION button to enter the Screening Bunker faster.

• There’s now a unique URL for each video you can watch in your private screening room… which means you can bookmark the theater with specific videos preloaded. (If you want to do that sort of thing. It’s up to you.)

UPDATE: VIDEO PLAYER ENHANCEMENTS

• We’ve started the process of upgrading the functionality of the video player interface in the Virtual Theater.

• The most noticeable addition – for now – is the ability to customize the font, color, and background used for closed caption tracks, which should make them more useful and accessible to anyone who needs them.

UPDATE: KINGADOME LOBBY

• The Usher has gotten a significant upgrade to his programming, and should be able to better explain what events are coming up, how to get tickets for events if you don’t have them, and how to find the Event Replay for an event after it ends.

• Also, if you just want to hang out in the lobby, he won’t harass you – he’ll only show up when you click to enter the theater.

NEW: GET HELP!

• We’ve integrated our Help Desk straight into the Gizmoplex, which should let us start providing page-specific contextual help, guides, and explanations for FAQs. Just click the purple “?” button in the bottom right to browse help articles or contact our Support Team.

• New users will also get some helpful instructions when logging in for the first time, courtesy of rocket screen.

UI TWEAKS & BUG FIXES

• Most of the changes in this update won’t be noticeable, but should help smooth out a few of the rough edges in the UI, squash some bugs in the Ticket Kiosk, and generally make it easier for us to update and maintain the Gizmoplex on the backend.
22 Likes

Very nice. But most of all…

THANK YOU

6 Likes

All fantastic stuff, especially the caption updates.

Outstanding work as always, @Ivan, and very much appreciated.

-Thank you.-

4 Likes

Thank you @ivan and your team for all you do!

3 Likes

Thank you the update @ivan!

Plus: Noticed that there’s another Joel promo in the Video Fridge. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooo, ooo, Crow knows my name! Crow knows my name!

3 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT :smiley:

4 Likes

Now he has power over us.

(Oh who am I kidding? He always has.)

4 Likes

This was going to be my basic comment. How can he decide who lives and dies if he doesn’t know our names?

5 Likes

Then can you explain why Crow called me “stinky” earlier?!

4 Likes

Clearly that was before the update.

4 Likes

Thank you @ivan for all you and your team are doing to make the Gizmoplex theater amazing :+1:

3 Likes

To borrow from Professor Bobo: “BEEEEE-OOOOOO”

2 Likes

I’m careful to never borrow from Professor Bobo!

1 Like

Hats off to Ivan for all you do!

3 Likes

Loving everything about the Gizmoplex! So proud to be a part of this. Tip of the hat to the entire team.

5 Likes