Gizmoplex?

In all the updates of late I’ve not read anything on the status of the Gizmoplex. Is it being developed? Is it done and waiting for content? Anyone heard anything that I’m just missing? Super curious.

3 Likes

All I can tell you as far as I know is that they’re still working on it. So hold tight.

2 Likes

They’re working on quite a lot. Makes sense to me that things like writing and filming the content that the Gizmoplex is built to showcase would come before building the site itself, although I’m sure there are a couple of people working on the latter. When they’re not working on fulfilling backer rewards, building sets, making arrangements for the live shows, etc.

Not sure what they’d even say about the Gizmoplex at this point. It’s a website that’s designed to evoke the feeling of a physical movie multiplex. There will be different theaters where you can watch stuff together with friends or the general fanbase or by yourself, there will be a concession stand offering merch, there will be a social space like this one to just hang out, there will be some other bells and whistles. It’s all under development and details have to be worked out and they need to see what’s actually viable to run in terms of code, plugins, bandwidth, scalability to a variety of screen sizes, etc.

What more is there to say? “We’re still working on it.” Okay, cool. “We don’t have a definite launch date yet.” Yeah, didn’t think so. I suppose they could maybe throw us some concept art if they have any yet. Not sure they’ve gotten to that stage. And I’m sure they want to keep most of it a surprise until the pieces are in place.

So… No. I don’t know more than you do. I’m fairly confident the sausage is being made. I’m fine with not seeing it. I’m sure we’ll hear more in a few months.

3 Likes

I should think it’s quite a slow process involving a lot of risk assessments, cost analysis and multifarious other things with a two-word business jargon name. I mean, there’s probably a good reason why nobody has built a multiplex on the moon before :wink:

2 Likes