🦃 GOBBLE GOBBLE 🦃 It's your open thread for TURKEY DAY 2022!

It’s nearly here!! TURKEY DAY officially begins at 7am ET / 4am PT on Thursday, November 24!

This year’s event features TEN episodes – including two from season 13! – for one of our biggest Turkey Days in nearly 30 years, so we’re starting extra early. PLUS, this year’s classic episodes will be undergoing our special SURGICAL ENHANCEMENT process, which… well, the marathon will explain.

You can watch on the usual channels, but we’re hoping you’ll join us in the Gizmoplex this year to watch the entire marathon both FREE and AD-FREE!

If this year’s start time is a little early for you, we will also be offering an option to watch the marathon ON DEMAND so you can start whenever is convenient.

The full schedule for our Surgically Enhanced Turkey Day 2022 is below:

• 7 am ET / 4 am PT – The Sword and the Dragon
  • 9 am ET / 6 am PT – The Starfighters
  • 11 am ET /8 am PT – Catalina Caper*
  • 1 pm ET / 10 am PT – Horror of Party Beach*
  • 3 pm ET / 12 pm PT – Santo in the Treasure of Dracula**
  • 5 pm ET/ 2 pm PT – Beyond Atlantis**
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT –Warrior of the Lost World*
  • 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT – City Limits
  • 11 pm ET / 8 pm PT – Parts: The Clonus Horror*
  • 1 am ET / 10 pm PT – Mitchell
  • 3 am ET / 12 am PT – Short: Sleep for Health**

*FAN SELECTED EPISODE
**SEASON 13 EPISODE

FINALLY – be sure to check out our Black Friday Sale in the Gizmoplex, with 50% off all season 13 passes and episodes.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY and we will #SeeYouInTheGizmoplex!

20 Likes

Let’s gooooo. :poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg:

5 Likes

I’ll be going to bed way early and get up at 3:15 AM in order to prepare for this surgically enhanced crazefest.

6 Likes

I am here for both a good time AND a long time.

I love love love the tradition of the Turkey Day Marathon, and I can’t wait to do this with y’all in the Gizmoplex era!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :smiley:

8 Likes

Lets Go Start GIF

9 Likes

brocklesnarletsdothis

6 Likes

I believe this should be 4AM PT.

6 Likes

You know, I never understood the Gobble thing. Is it supposed to be the sound a turkey makes? Or is it because we all gobble down lots of food? Personally, I figure it about how much turkeys chow down. Voracious seed-eaters the lot of them.

Of course, around here we gots wild turkeys all over the place. And like, only half of them at least are actually drunk at any given time. I am also pretty sure that they own the property, and the town gets to lease it back from them. That would explain their omnipresence on the roads and the laws against shooting them.

Anywho, really looking forward to this. I have a long history of Turkey Days going back to the 90s when I would go to my grandparent’s house for thanksgiving with a large stack of video tapes. I would be parked up there till dinner, swapping tapes. Plan on doing to same tomorrow, but without the VHS. Set my coffee machine to be ready by 6:30. And since it’s also my birthday (don’t ask. Just OLD) I have every right to park my butt and watch Msty’s all day.

Except for food time, for then I gobble.

9 Likes

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

7 Likes

I’ll tune in to Pluto. Can’t wait to see the season 13 episodes!

6 Likes

Same here. Back in the '90s I was the only MSTie in the house so I had to sneak to the TV during the family Thanksgiving to catch bits of the marathon. So worth it.

8 Likes

Scarcely seven hours away!

6 Likes

I applaud your stealth missions.

7 Likes

Bring on Turkey Day! Always a tradition around here to catch at least a few episodes before and after the family dinner.

5 Likes

ProTip: tell your family you are having dinner with friends, and tell your friends you are having dinner with family. Then you get all the marathon to yourself.

I’ve been running this scam for, I dunno, 15 years? It’s fantastic once you get past the crippling loneliness. (Another ProTip: alienate yourself from everyone for the rest of the year, so that Thanksgiving doesn’t feel any different.)

6 Likes

I can attest to this. This strategy has proven successful in a number of TGIF sitcoms.

4 Likes

Fred Flintstone Wwe GIF

6 Likes

The first time I did it, there was a sitcom-esque conundrum I’d gotten myself into. I had made the mistake of also taking off additional days before Thanksgiving, and at some point during the week I was like “I’m really super bored. I should call up a friend to hang out” and then I realized “oh no, TODAY is Thanksgiving! I absolutely can’t do that.” So I had to stay by myself for another two days minimum. It was a nightmare having only myself as company for a week. But as it turns out, that prepped me for 2020 and beyond. I was a trendsetter!

6 Likes

The biggest day in the MSTie calendar!

This should be amazing!

5 Likes