Golden Corral's new slogan ...

Glad you made it out safely. I’ve never been to one, but knowing it’s an all-you-can-eat, I figured it’s probably cheap generic food.

All I’ve heard is the horror stories about their chocolate fountain. People sticking their fingers in to dip their food, instead of using the tongs.

1 Like

I may have gotten lucky but yeah, I took one look at that chocolate fountain and give it a hard pass. Without even hearing any stories you can just imagine how that could go wrong in a restaurant that was SWARMING with little kids.

2 Likes

Being a Brit, I’ve never gone to a Golden Corral, but we have some terrible chain establishments too, which survive for years, despite nobody ever admitting to having eaten there.
So I get the riffs, by proxy. I just mentally translate “Golden Corral” to “Harvester” or something similar.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s time for Golden Corral to jump across the pond and introduce you to a bad example of American food.

1 Like

We have a fair few US imports already in the bad food & drink sector, just not that one.

1 Like

I have lived in the US for 9 of the last 10 years, and I think I know what Golden Corral would be like, but I’ve never actually been to one. I’m picturing Dennys but with a western theme and a buffet? Am I close?

2 Likes

That’s close enough.

1 Like

The one I went to (Tucson AZ) did not have much of a western theme. It’s just a really big buffet of mostly American heartland food. Not one big line but different sections, like a fried food section and a desert section and a fried food section and a salad section and a fried food section. Lots of carbs.

If you’ve ever been to a Sizzler salad bar, like that but bigger and with the ratio of fried food to salad reversed.

2 Likes

Looks like maybe you missed one of the fried food sections. I think there’s one further down the hall past the restrooms, right beside the marshmallow fluff fountain.

3 Likes

Found one:

The Return - Dog, fight whatever it is or shut up.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thread necromancy!

I made a few long-overdue updates to the list (in bold).

“GOLDEN CORRAL…
12 days
16 days
5 days
4 hours since the last incident of projectile vomiting or explosive diarrhea.”

1 Like

Deaf People, No Ham, and the Best Slop North of Kentucky!

1 Like

Eventually, we’ll be able to move on to Denny’s jokes.

There’s one of those exchanges from a South African bargain-basement action movie which MR_Potroast and I are compelled to reenact every single time we drive by that establishment. I don’t even remember which movie it’s from. I just know it from someone’s RT highlight reel.

1 Like

I remember a few that have combined both Golden Corral and this guy in the same joke.

right-yes

3 Likes

Absolutely Amazing! Nice Job!

2 Likes

Not sure if you include shorts on this list but…

US Elections — How We Vote:

“Kevin, wake up! We’re creating content!”