Good cops

Eh, it was the 1970s. Get Pat Buttram and Alan Hale Jr. up there with some character witness testimony, and the bad guys are going away for infinity life sentences.

7 Likes

Hooker’s a good cop!

12 Likes

Definitely not good. Consider his side investigation of the circumstances of Deaney shooting that burglar done in the manner of a tenth rate Encyclopedia Brown wannabe. The sort of high-powered defense attorney Deaney could sic on him would rip those deductions to shreds. And when you take into account that he broke into Deaney house to obtain this evidence, even the greenest, most hapless public defender could get a grand jury to laugh it out of the courthouse.

8 Likes

Beverly Garland was a great cop in Gunslinger. She didn’t take no guff from Allison Hayes, let me tell you!

As was the lady cop in Swamp Diamonds.

Also, this bears repeating: Hooker was a good cop.

11 Likes

9 Likes

True, but Beverly Garland looks good on any medium :wink:

9 Likes

How can you all forget Cornjob?!

12 Likes

I think he falls under “Cops Who Make Their Own Rules” or “Functioning Alcoholics Example.”

Either way, Mitchell gets the job done.

3 Likes

I didn’t even realize he was a policeman. I thought he was just some guy the kids encountered.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what he is, but I always figured he’s some kind of official authority figure.

3 Likes

He wears a uniform and he lectures the kids and threatens them with punishment. He’s either a cop or a very strict crossing guard.

7 Likes

Yes. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s hard to (butter-) top the symbolism of Bread Devil as a humble beat cop in Out Of This World.

5 Likes

Geez. There’s no pleasing some people. It isn’t easy being a cop, you know! Are they committing crimes? I think not!

8 Likes

I never saw anyone else mention it, but the bit in one of the jungle movies (Jungle Goddess?) where Mike and Jim play similar characters to these in the Hexfield Viewscreen is very, very similar to this bit.

6 Likes

How about the cops in ANY Coleman Francis movie. They’re judge, jury, and executioners usually within a fairly short time. They’re the “hey we saw you at the crime scene”, shoot to kill cops.

7 Likes

It’s been a few months since I’ve watched it, but I don’t recall the cops in Wild Rebels being competent at all. It was pretty much a bloodbath by the end.

8 Likes

Daryl Gates on his day off!

Zero tolerance is so funny!

2 Likes

Cline!

from The Sinister Urge.

8 Likes

Is he good or bad? …or is he just Cline?

7 Likes