Gozer the Traveler!

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

19 Likes

OK, who brought the dog?

12 Likes

Anyone who brings giant marshmallows to the campfire can’t be 100% evil, right?

5 Likes

Speaking of out-of-context quotes (someone somewhere was, I’m sure), “Yes, have some.” is one of my go-tos.

7 Likes

Mine is “tell them about the Twinkie, [insert name of person nearby]” :smiley:

9 Likes

I was hoping for a Twinkie reference! Thank you for that!

6 Likes

“Good doggie.” (It’s been forever since I’ve seen the Ghostbusters movies, so give me a pass if I’m a little bit off about the scene outside the restaurant.)

I ain’t afraid of no quotes!!

6 Likes

You’re right. No human being would stack books like this.

12 Likes

Where do these stairs go?

They go up.

:laughing: EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

12 Likes

Was blasting some Huey Lewis & The News the other day because, hey, we like popular songs. Anyhoo, nearly forgot how badly Ray Parker Jr. ripped off the “I Want a New Drug” main riff for the Ghostbuster’s theme. Hopefully Mr. Lewis and his bandmates who are interested in current events (ha-ha) received some compensation, because RPJ clearly stole their tune with zero shame.

I ain’t afraid of no copyright.

6 Likes

Shortly after the film’s release, Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr. for plagiarism, alleging he had copied the melody (primarily the bassline) from Lewis’ 1983 song “I Want a New Drug”. The case was settled out of court in 1985 for an undisclosed sum and a confidentiality agreement that prohibited discussing the case. According to Parker there were several lawsuits at the time, because “when you sell that many records, I think everybody wants to say that they wrote the song.” Parker later sued Lewis for breaching the confidentiality agreement in a 2001 episode of VH1’s Behind the Music , by reasserting Parker, Jr. stole the song. Regarding his case against Lewis, Parker said, “I got a lot of money out of that.”

In a 2004 article, the filmmakers admitted to using the song “I Want a New Drug” as temporary background music in many scenes. They also noted that they had offered to hire Huey Lewis and the News to write the main theme but the band had declined. The filmmakers then gave film footage – with the Huey Lewis song in the background – to Parker to aid him in writing the theme song.

From the Wikipedia article on the song… Ghostbusters (song) - Wikipedia

8 Likes

How long does it take to fill the bath?

2 Likes

…I feel like I’m being called out. :rofl:

3 Likes

janine, sorry about the bug eyes thing.

3 Likes

Listen… you smell something?

8 Likes

GIF by Ghostbusters
There is no Dana, only ZUUL…

4 Likes

A good portion of the time when me and the missus are having “adult times”, I’ll pull out “I am the keymaster, are you the gatekeeper?”

She’s never amused.

4 Likes

need to add this monologue to my arsenal of party “tricks” to launch into when totally bladdered
then quint’s retort at the town meeting

4 Likes

You don’t want to now how long I’ve had that one saved.

3 Likes

Favorite quote from Ghostbusters II that I use probably entirely too often is what Bill Murray says to the evil painting after his photo shoot of it: “I’ve worked with better…but not many.“

7 Likes