Graphic lack of nudity! What graphic shirt are you wearing?

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Suddenly I’m in the mood to see “acts of incredible savagery”… I wonder why?

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s Watch Party Friday, so I got this on today!

9 Likes

Today’s shirt

6 Likes

With a Mets cap

11 Likes

Love mine too!
I found a reprint:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Buy 2 and I’ll pay to have you ship me one!

1 Like

4 Likes

Being in Minnesota, I brought the obvious shirt with me.

8 Likes

Today’s random grab out of the closet, and… score!

4 Likes

IMG_4023

4 Likes

One of my favorites today. People love that it’s Louise and Kuchikopi and every now and then someone gets what it’s referencing.

My only complaint about the design is that it should have a bus stop sign behind them to match the original, which I also own in t-shirt form:

(If anyone wonders/cares, the Japanese says となりのトトロ, which is “tonari no totoro”, or “next to’s totoro”, or (of course) “My Neighbor Totoro”.)

3 Likes

This one takes a little bit of explaining. When I grew up in Bloomington, IN, all of us weird kids- the goths, the punks, the hippies, the just strange people like me all hung out in this tiny park downtown, about the size of half a city block. Just down the street from that was an arcade called Space Port, which obviously we all also spent a lot of time in.

Now there’s an “I hung out at Space Port and People’s Park” Facebook group and someone made shirts for it.

Someone I know who has become a sci-fi author wrote a novel taking place there. Electric Fred was a real person, possibly schizophrenic (somehow mentally ill) who always listened to a Walkman with no batteries in it and had some very bizarre delusions, many of which are not repeatable here.

Fred really did rant about evil forces- he said he was the seventh son of God and that God was his enemy… but we all loved talking to him. He basically had constructed an extremely elaborate fantasy world he inhabited and it was surprisingly consistent.

He was also writing and drawing in notebooks constantly, to the point that he had hundreds and hundreds of them and he would just give them away to anyone who asked. Which we did. I still have 4 or 5.

I would not be at all surprised if Dave, the author of the above novel, has some of them too.

6 Likes

Ha! I got the reference but I have no idea who those characters are.

The little girl is Louise from Bob’s Burgers. The Totoro stand-in is Kuchikopi, which is a toy from a Pokemon like thing within the show that Louise is obsessed with. Specifically though, the one on the shirt is the melted Kuchikopi from when Louise’s mom tries to dry and sanitize her toy in the oven after it gets dropped in the toilet.

2 Likes