Great Scenes in Cinema

To add on to the great scenes in cinema, I give you the opening sequence of Jaws:

It’s utterly terrifying because you NEVER SEE THE SHARK. All you see is this poor girl being dragged around in the water screaming in terror and agony before she’s abruptly yanked under to her doom. One of the most memorable sequences in film to exist.

For another, I have to turn to what may be my current favorite genre of film; superhero movies. I saw that the final battle of Endgame was already included, so I won’t bother to mention that one, but there are some amazing other scenes that I have to mention:

That’s probably enough, although there’s a literal TON of others. Some are action, some tug at your heartstrings, and some are just flat out amazing, but they all fit the criteria, for me, of being great.

5 Likes

I acknowledge that it’s been two years but those are still some heavy spoilers you’re dripping there.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew I was leaving some great scenes out and right after I posted I thought of the scene you mentioned. Probably the funniest scene in the picture. Marlene Warfield was fantastic - “The Communist Party’s not gonna see a nickel off this goddamn show until we go into syndication!”

Another hilarious scene was the one where Conchata Ferrell summarizes all the pilots they’re considering to Faye Dunaway, and they’re all exactly the same with tiny variations.

2 Likes

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)
Sally Cry/Laughing in the truck bed, is one of my all time favorite movie scenes. There’s a lot of emotion in that quick shot.

3 Likes

Any of the imagination scenes from The Fall starring Lee Pace. The use of colors, setting, scenery…all just amazing to me.

2 Likes

Still one of my favorite intros ever.

6 Likes

The scene in School of Rock where Dewey forms the band always slaps a big grin on my face.

There’s also a dozen scenes from Amadeus that are strong contenders for this thread, but I’m gonna go with the climax, as Mozart dictates another masterpiece to Salieri. Even here, at the end, Salieri is unable to grasp the depths of his enemy’s genius. (Spoilers, obviously)

7 Likes
10 Likes

I finally remembered one! I really like the animated sequence in the first Deathly Hallows movie. It’s just so well done. `Too bad the author had to ruin the whole thing

2 Likes

Dog Day Afternoon Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

3 Likes

The discovery of the secret room in Parasite. I knew I wqas in for a ride with this movie but boy, did that completely blindside me with a bold new reveal and direction for the film that makes perfect sense in retrospect.

4 Likes

Making the gnocchi. That is all.

1 Like
4 Likes

Begin Again isn’t that great of a movie, but the scene near the beginning when Mark Ruffalo imagines a full production around a solo performer is really well done

2 Likes

RIP Tammy.

1 Like
5 Likes

Bill Devane and a young Tommy Lee Jones getting medieval on the Acuña Boys! (from Rolling Thunder)

1 Like
2 Likes

The first movie I remember ever seeing in a movie theater was Mary Poppins. Words cannot even begin to describe how utterly mind blowing that whole experience was to little 4 year old me. So much fantastic stuff – from a nanny who literally blows right in, to dancing chimneysweeps on the rooftops, to a jaunt throught the countryside on runaway carousel horses, to singing-dancing penguin waiters, to an umbrella handle that talks, to, what was for me, the scene which featured the most incredibly fantastic thing I had ever seen in my (brief) life –

Adventurelandia — Mary Poppins (1964)

A tea party on the freakin’ ceiling! Having no inkling about special effects at that age, I thought these were the most amazing people! And I wanted to learn how to do what they did!

1 Like

It takes a spoonful of something…

1 Like