Great Usernames Appreciation Society [GUAS]

Thanks @CatBountry!

We really need a @Chief to go with @McCloud, don’t you think?

7 Likes

Who’s gonna step up and be @Chief? Only time will tell.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Wow thanks! I really like yours as well

6 Likes

@Gus can bend a steel rod, and you’re @Gus.

11 Likes

Thank you for the love everyone, I really appreciate it! There are so many great names here, and I’m sure I’ve only seen a small portion of them, but a few that have stuck with me are @SandyFrank, @Lowkeeba, @NotMerrittStone, @ArtCrow, @optiMSTie, @GamerasMom and @GameraIsFilledWithMe.

(Not to be confused with people I’ve really come to like here. There’s some overlap there, but that would be a different list; there are a lot of really great folks here who make this place a stimulating, safe and fun place to be.)

I do see @ChiefMcCloud but so far no Chief yet!

14 Likes

Saw one in another topic – @GameraIsFilledWithMe . The Gamera song is one of my favorites.

17 Likes

That’s a good username you’ve got yourself, there. :train2: :railway_track: :red_car:

8 Likes

Thanks so much. I’m just happy to be nominated and included among all the other nominees. Winning isn’t necessary when you’re in such great company.

6 Likes

aww thank you!!! i appreciate that :3

5 Likes

Feel free to call me Chief Potroast while you wait. I don’t mind. :smiley:

5 Likes

There’s so many awesome usernames, I just can’t narrow it down! You are all awesome!

5 Likes

A little off topic, but I’d like to add, that I think someone should make a kaiju flick titled, Gamera vs. Guas

Kind of fits with those “G” named monsters that people struggle to pronouce, Gaos, Guiron… Guas, rolls of the tongue (like Barugon’s tongue -who should have been named Garugon)

3 Likes

Barugon is even more confusing because there is also a kaiju named Baragon. He fought both Godzilla and Frankenstein (!). In the latter case he is being thrown around by his tail on the movie poster, just as Barugon is thrown about by Gamera.

4 Likes

If their tongue has rolls, that might be why they are having trouble pronouncing.

As long as it isn’t gyarugon. Not enough makeup for such a big fella to pull off that look.

2 Likes

I love the art people have been posting from these movies. Kinda’ strange, since I’m not a big fan of the genre as-is. Gamera vs. Barugon is the only one I think I’d enjoy unriffed.

3 Likes

Half of Gamera vs Barugon is a heist drama, so it’s a bit more of a blended experience than the average kaiju flick. I do suspect it’s more accessible and enjoyable unriffed in that regard. The biggest monster in the film is the guy murderously obsessed with the jewels.

3 Likes

Yep. My nickname for that one is “Jim Thompson Goes To Japan (& Meets A Turtle)” :wink:

3 Likes

Just found @PeterGravesAtTheUofM which I love. Crow as Peter Graves in Beginning of the End is one of my all-time favorite bits. “We are witnessing a time when the beasts have reclaimed Earl ‘Fatha’ Hines.”

10 Likes

Awesome find! Great name!

3 Likes