Greatest behind the scenes moviemaking stories

It’s not a cheesy movie as such, but Hearts of Darkness is my preferred concept of Apocalypse Now

Also, the train of calamity that conspired to prevent that movie from getting made piles up to an extent where it gets a bit hilarious.

2 Likes

My personal favorite is the stories behind the making of Deathstalker 2, which are related in the director’s commentary on the DVD and BluRay.

The short version is that the film was largely improvised with what little scripting there was written by actor John Terlesky and director Jim Wynorski based around the simple idea of “What if Bugs Bunny were thrust into the plot of a Conan movie?” (This is why Deathstalker quotes Bugs a few times, saying “Yipe!” and “Something tells me I shoulda stood in bed.”)

This proved necessary because there was no way to film the movie with the script they were given due to, among other problems, their studio in Argentina being located between a garbage dump and an airport - the later of which made filming during the day all but impossible.

1 Like