Greydon Clark. A Slice Above?

“Greydon Clark. The Producer of Hobgoblins! We’re doomed!” Actor, director, writer, producer. He appeared in plenty of B Movies and ultimately directed them. The Bad Bunch (1973), Black Shampoo (1976), Satan’s Cheerleaders (1977), Hi-Riders (1978), Angels Revenge (1979), The Return (1980), Without Warning (1980), Wacko (1982), Joysticks (1983), Final Justice (1985), Uninvited (1987), Skinheads (1989), The Forbidden Dance (1990), Dance Macabre (1992), Russian Holiday (1993). Cinematographer Dean Cundey worked on 5 of Greydon’s films and actor Joe Don Baker starred in 3. Blaxploitation, Horror, Action, Greydon spanned genres and three of his movies were chosen by MST. Angels Revenge, Final Justice, Hobgoblins. His schlock had a lock in the Mike Era. Brash, crude, direct. Subtlety is not his forte. Maybe one day Without Warning will join them. Take Me To Your Leader or Just Say No?

5 Likes

Note: Greydon Clark directed two Mystery Science experiments. Topics on both are linked below.

Summary

622. Angels Revenge (1979)

1008. Final Justice (1985)

3 Likes

Without Warning - Why We Love It.

2 Likes

This NEEDS MSTied. Trailer of Without Warning (1980).

3 Likes

Top Movies by Greydon Clark.

3 Likes

Chatting With A Director Q&A With Director Greydon Clark.

3 Likes

ScreamCast 29: Without Warning (An Interview With Greydon Clark)

3 Likes

Greydon Clark - Early Days.

3 Likes

There are definitely a few Greydon Clark movies that MST3K hasn’t riffed that are ripe for it. I would love to see them riff Without Warning as well. Jack Palance cheesing it up as a weird kind of hipster gas station attendant, and Martin Landau playing a crazy Vietnam vet in a plot obviously inspired by DC comics supervillain Starro… the riffs just write themselves.

The Greydon Clark movies that MST3K have already riffed are classic. He never met a movie genre he could not make cheesier, and I thank him for it.

7 Likes

Wait, what? This Starro?

3 Likes

Surprised no one has brought up Star Games yet.

5 Likes

Yup. The plot is a Starro invasion, but without Starro, who is replaced by some run of the mill grey alien.

3 Likes

Oh. Well, that loses the most fun part! You had me excited there for a minute. :frowning:

I want more starfish aliens!

Thor didn’t disappoint us!

5 Likes

You do get a lot of mini-starro starfish flying around, but the big guy is no where to be found.

3 Likes

All of Greydon Clark’s movies feel like made-for-TV movies.

7 Likes

Joysticks Q&Q Featuring Greydon Clark.

2 Likes

Review of Joysticks (1983) and Interview with Greydon Clark.

1 Like

A 1000 percent. That manufactured feel came automatically.

5 Likes

I didn’t know he did Joysticks! That’s probably not family friendly enough for MST3K, but it’s perfect for Rifftrax.

3 Likes

True. His filmography is ripe for further delving by both Rifftrax and MST3K. I noticed Rifftrax already did Uninvited (1987).

4 Likes