Guest Stars

Could there be a little whistled jingle too? :smiley:

3 Likes

I would absolutely love the idea of Adam Savage called in as a tech to troubleshoot some problem in Moon 13. Especially in conjunction with Paul F. Tompkins as they’ve already worked together on The Thrilling Adventure Hour.

5 Likes

Maybe they can just get him to say, “This has been a presentation from the Gizmoplex” at the end of each episode.

8 Likes

My money’s on Kim Cattrall, dressed as a potato. She’d probably be up for it.

As for the existing star cameos, Jerry Seinfeld’s felt to me like the weak link. There was a rushed and perfunctory feel to it, like they hadn’t had time to rehearse the segment properly.

8 Likes

Two folks I would love to see as actual guest character cameos would be Jackey Neyman Jones and Cassandra Peterson

8 Likes

Yes!! I would geek out so hard for that!

5 Likes

And thinking about it, Rebecca Suger too, since she had Joel on her show

2 Likes

I think that the main reason Joel Hodgson chose the celeb guests he did was that they’d all been long-time fans and vocal supporters of the show’s return. It was his way of saying Thanks.

I understand the rationale even if the actual execution wasn’t all that it could have been. Hey, at least they were favorites of most nerds. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes, they were mostly if not all friends of Joel or friends/fans of the show. They weren’t just paying big names to appear on the show.

6 Likes

I didn’t notice Seinfeld seeming perfunctory. It’s actually the least annoying and grating I’ve found him.

Mamie Van Doren helped host Turkey Day one year. She’s still around. Might be fun if she dropped by sometime.

Oh, hey. And we could do another Deathstalker film or something and then Miles O’Keeffe pops up in a host segment as a completely different character. I have no idea what he’s actually like or how he feels about the show, but I’m tired enough that this seems like a fun idea.

2 Likes

Miles apparently loved the show. He asked for an autographed copy of Cave Dwellers. I think that would be fun if they did a sword and sandal movie.

6 Likes

Gah. I said Deathstalker, but I meant Ator. Although it might be funnier if it was Deathstalker. IDK. I need to go proclaim dominion over the couch, for I am sofa king tired.

4 Likes

They should invite him to Philly to party with them. :partying_face:

Giving him the chance to proclaim, “I am NOT your Cheesesteak!!”

2 Likes

And they could invite Kirk Morris to fly over from Italy and walk onstage and proclaim, “No, you are not Cheesesteak, but I am your Cheesesteak!”

1 Like

I always wanted NPH for that. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t help but hear:

:notes: With my cheesesteak, I will stop… :mantelpiece_clock: the world. :notes:

1 Like

I was revisiting this thread because I was talking about the Netflix era of the show in an SNL podcast’s Discord server, and the points I brought up here came up (and it helped me find the thread with Rebecca Hanson again) and wow there’s one request in this comment that aged like milk!

I’m just going to say that I would hope Ian Cardoni would be thrilled. I know Justin wrote for season 11 but I could see (rights logistics aside) them not being so attached that they would be preventative of Ian doing it instead

1 Like

Given what we’ve learned about him the past year or so, I’d be okay if Roiland stayed far, far away from MST3K.

1 Like

Roiland was a writer on Reptilicus, and was the emergency announcer voice in Atlantic Rim.

1 Like

Yes. Was. Past tense. I’m thinking it should stay past tense.

3 Likes

We’re just a little past equidistant from the shoe drop to the comment is, or however it’s phrased prepositionally.

But you know what aged extremely well though not perfectly? The Penn Jillette chatter since he did the Next Time promos

2 Likes