Halloween 2021 - Costumes & Decorations

Looks like the camera man is a ghost.

1 Like

I’m gonna be a demon. Just some horns, tail, and cloak.

3 Likes

Wearing Nikes, no less. Looks like a refugee from the past season of Holey Moley.

4 Likes

I’m going as Dr. Forrester! Unfortunately, my green lab coat might end up arriving in the mail after Halloween… I’ll definitely post updates!

7 Likes

Haven’t had a massive time to prepare this year, but I fully intent on dusting off my Sebastian Castellanos outfit and atleast handing out candy in it.

It’s obscure, classy, and just plain fun to wander around in. Here’s a pic from 3 years ago.

6 Likes

I’m going to be Deku (Izuku Midoriya) from the anime My Hero Academia! I already gave my costume a go at NYCC earlier this month and got some very good feedback on it.

3 Likes

I’m kind of stuck in Rocky Horror shadow cast mode this entire week.

BUT I was Beetlejuice for a drag show a few weeks ago.

11 Likes

Cool stuff! If we’re going down memory lane then here’s one of me as Captain America from last year…

7 Likes

I’m going as a homicidal maniac. They look like everyone else.

4 Likes

I had wanted to make a Cheese (from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends) for ages. I finally did a couple years ago.

6 Likes

Saw this pop up in my feed earlier…

6 Likes

I won the company virtual Halloween costume party today. Woohoo! $25 gift card for Skip the Dishes

3 Likes

My green lab coat came after all!!! Here I am as Dr. Clayton Forrester.

10 Likes

4 Likes

This year’s decorations are about the same as last year’s.

We weren’t sure how many little disease vectors… sorry, I mean children, we were going to get with COVID in full swing, so I got the clever idea of just tying ribbons and clothespins to the tree out in our front yard and letting the kids run up and pick whatever candy they want. It worked like a charm and was way safer for everyone involved than the communal candy bowl left out on the porch… plus a little harder for some dickweed teenager to come along and steal the whole lot.

This time around, I’ve put up about twice as many and 3 clothespins per strand, but I may still have to go out and top up a few times during the night, depending on how many kids we get. I also learned from last year and mainly bought M&Ms and Hot Tamales this time around since it’s way easier for the clothespins to get a grip on the candies that come in large flat wrappers.

We normally put a lot more cool sci-fi stuff in the window and out on the front porch. I’ve got an Ood that I’ve rigged up with remote controlled light-up eyes, but it’s a pain in the ass to set up, and a little more time and energy than I’m willing to put into decorating this year, since I’m not expecting to be directly interacting with anyone.

6 Likes

Back again to show off my TV’s Frank-o-lantern!!!

8 Likes

Dressed up like Low-Budget Squid Game and strolled the neighborhood.

Usually I carve the actual Halloween night pumpkin, but this year’s design was so complicated and I had all the things to paint…sooooo. This is what happened. One hitch…the googly eyes I had on hand were too small, so I had to freehand. Those eyes will steal your soul. Happy Halloween!!

4 Likes

I’m quite proud of my costume. Hoping to make this part of a video project this year.

8 Likes

Not many people knew who I was supposed to be, but I still had a horrorshow good time!

7 Likes

I was that b*tch, Carole Baskin.

4 Likes