Halloween Contest Coming To Gizmoplex

Just in case, this is to remind people about the event. MST3K Halloween Contest — MST3K.

Anyone willing to show what they hope to enter in the contest? Vague descriptions are encouraged.
In my case, I have something I wore at a live show.

12 Likes

Cosplay photos? Done (my younger [and taller] sister helped with the photo-taking)!
Submit entry for the contest? Check (although I submitted my entry again by mistake after I was done)!

And as for what I hope for the contest? Well, the prizes of course!

6 Likes

I just hope they have a set of rules. As I said, I submitted one costume, and I’d like to submit another one. I have no chance of winning, but I want to illustrate my disturbing devotion to this show

6 Likes

I’ll probably also submit something I wore to a live show, I just need to volunteer a photographer

4 Likes

You can submit more than once. You just can’t win more than once, so we might ask you to choose your favorite entry as your official submission. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m kicking myself for not buying the brain mold I found a few years ago after Halloween. Could’ve filled it with blue gelatin. I really wanted it. I already walk like Torgo, but I don’t really want to see Torgo looking back at me in the mirror. Ew, the peeping Torgo scene. Santa Claus feels like cheating. (Mum just had me sit through Santa Claus Conquers the Martians unriffed. It’s annoying even on mute.) Pitch feels like cheating too. Last cosplay I did was the year when that Queen movie came out. Dressing up like Freddie Mercury was a blast. Sounds like fun. :thinking: Would I look weird as a giant flying turtle with flames out my bum?

7 Likes

Weirder than the actual flying flaming turtle?

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks. I’ll limit it to two, but I know there are VERY complex costumes out there. Again, this is to show how versatile I am as a fan. Would hope for honorable mentions

3 Likes

There’s a pet category. Wonder how many entries will have their dogs as Killer Shrews.

4 Likes

Or demon dogs.

2 Likes

I have a cute toy crocodile. Could I dress it up instead? King Dinosaur is cheating, but I was thinking of Gamera or Godzilla. I’m assuming Godzilla vs Megalon is ok.

2 Likes

I mean…i do still have my Daisy costume…

3 Likes

When I received my confirmation of submission, it came from noreply@jotform.com and the links inside the email to the images I submitted do not work and result in a 404 error. So I resubmitted my entry, as I can’t have an issue after all the tedious time, care and money I put into my entry. It’s really disheartening.

@ivan is this something you could investigate? To check to make sure the images we are submitting are actually being submitted for the contest? Thank you so much!

1 Like

You’re not the only one. I’m getting the same error as well.

1 Like

I can confirm that the images DID go through, despite whatever errors you’re seeing in the confirmation email. Apologies for any distress Jotform’s tech glitch may be causing to anyone!

We’re looking into why that’s happening.

2 Likes

@gbarnes6 / @SuperCutie / et al – Can anyone having that issue forward their email with the 404 links to ivan@mst3k.com, so I can forward them to JotForm support to see what’s going on?

1 Like

@ivan i forwarded you my latest submission confirmation to ivan@mst3k.com

1 Like

I submitted my entry a week ago. It’s from the not-too-distant future of me hosting MST3K. People I’ve shown think it was either done in a studio with a greenscreen, or using Photoshop…but it is made entirely of paper (back and front drops and the bots). Except for me of course, I am wearing my Gizmonics Institute uniform, an exact copy of Joel’s but with different name and shoulder patches. I also included a clapperboard to tell the story of the photo and have different angles to show both shoulders of the uniform, so it still qualifies as Individual and clearly shows the uniform.

9 Likes

I’m guessing that voting for the contest starts today.

3 Likes