Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

This was a really good movie. What killed it was the marketing not stating that this was not a continuation of the Halloween Michael Meyers story, but a new chapter in the Halloween Anthology. Had that been made clear, this may have done much better. I think too much bitterness with too many kept this from being more popular over the years.

Is this streaming on any service (w/o additional cost), if anybody knows?

1 Like

Cochran asked OCP to help.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) is streaming on Peacock.

https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/asset/movies/halloween-iii-season-of-the-witch/98f523e5-b9a5-3bab-a197-db5b04332eaa?orig_ref=https://duckduckgo.com/

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) Soundtrack.

Thanks BruceLeePullen, and I happen to have Peacock already so looks like that may be in order tomorrow or Monday before November starts

Funny coincidence, I just happened across my copy of the soundtrack to Carpenterā€™s Vampires. I havenā€™t listened to it in ages but plan to and remember it being quite fun.

1 Like

You are welcome. I joined Peacock to watch Halloween Ends (2022). Anything Universal is there.

Halloween Ends. I saw the first two and had a blast watching them, just the week before Ends came out (I waited years to watch the trilogy once all 3 were out). Then, since I already had Peacock, was really excited for Ends, till I watched the first half.

Ends did at least get back to the point of the trilogy and not be a standalone film, as it was directly stating it was going to deal with ending Michael. There is actually a petition to have the producers refilm the film, which is pretty crazy IMO. I thought it funny to think of that happening back in 82! Could you imagineā€¦

1 Like

It is. James Woods chews the scenery and Carpenter is enjoying himself. Itā€™s a Southwestern Wild Bunch with vampires. The music is so John and the dialogue hearkens to early Carpenter. A horror western essentially.

1 Like

Agreed! Is that even available anywhere? I would imagine probably on Amazon for a price.

1 Like

Come to think of it, I believe I have the DVD somewhere in storage. Might have to dig that out

1 Like

Scream Factory sells a Collectorā€™s Edition available on Amazon. A great release.

https://www.amazon.com/John-Carpenters-Vampires-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B07SRF26SX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1ZSI1WSMVFUPG&keywords=Vampires+Carpenter&qid=1667102246&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjkyIiwicXNhIjoiMC44MSIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=vampires+carpenter%2Caps%2C326&sr=8-2

Forgot about Maximilian Schell. Wonderful! James Woods, my favorite Videodromer, is awesome in it. So yeah, Vampires and Season of the Witch (1982) for my next 2 nights.

1 Like

Halloween III is a glorious mean-spirited mess. And usually for me mean-spiritedness is a strike against but this weird fever dream of a film and Return of the Living Dead are wacky horror movies that do it right. Of course, the enjoyment of the latter film was all done in intentional ways, but still.

1 Like

Itā€™s obviously not Carpenterā€™s best work, but I think if youā€™re a fan of his oeuvre thereā€™s a lot to like here. Itā€™s a little surprising that itā€™s never been repackaged sans the (rather misleading in hindsight) Halloween tag.

1 Like

Best one of the lot (FIGHT ME). This is my yearly Halloween night movie. Written by British sci-fi legend Nigel Kneale, who asked for his name to be removed after the rewrites added all the gory scenes. A lot of his script remains in the final version though, particularly with the idea of power contained in ancient stones, which was a common theme for Kneale. He did a show for the BBC called ā€˜The Stone Tapesā€™ which was a sort of ghost story about a research team investigating the ability of old stones to act as a recording mediumā€¦and then of course there was his final ā€˜Quatermassā€™ serial in which ancient stone circles, standing stones etc are central to the plot as markers for an ancient alien power.

1 Like

This late in the game everyoneā€™s just accepted it. The owners and the audience. Universal is too large to care for a single unsuccessful film 30 years later and the name is the name to everyone else. Good, bad, or indifferent. The 3 Silver Shamrock Masks also nod to the name. 3 masks for Halloween.

1 Like

My late friend and I used to go around the store we worked at every October singing the ā€œ__ more days to Halloween! Silver Shamrock!ā€ jingle. The rest of the people working there looked at us like we were nuts.

2 Likes

My friend and I do the same. Itā€™s hard not to. The joke writes itself.