Hanging With Doctor Z Kickstarter

I just found out that the hilarious (and previously mentioned by me several times) Youtube show Hanging With Doctor Z (Youtube playlist), created and played by Dana Gould, is doing a Kickstarter for a second season. The funding level is a lot more modest than MST3K, they’re just looking for $20,000, and they’ve already got a good start going. It looks like it’s still going to be free to watch on Youtube, but there’s a lot of cool backer rewards. Well, consider it, won’t you? Thank you.

And if you’ve never seen it before, click that playlist link above and get ready for considerable hilarity.

4 Likes

Love this show! It’s worth watching for the fake ads alone!

I remember when that went up. Dana was like – well, this is what I had to spend to do Season 1, and here is where I want to go with it, so I’ll put up half out of pocket, and make a Kickstarter for the other half.

Then it took less than 24 hours for it to fund, and now it has taken in more than 3x what he needed.

All of this makes me happy, because like his podcast, whatever he takes in always gets poured back into the show and into the hands of the folks who contribute toward making it. So it is a nice vote of confidence that he has something people want to watch and support, and it means that he doesn’t need to wonder how he will support season 3 if he is still having fun with it by the time he finishes 2.

1 Like