Happy Father's Day to the fathers of MST3K!

Here’s $5. Go out and celebrate.

14 Likes

Do we need to have a discussion about who the worst MST3K dad is? There’s a lot of competition, but it’s Mike from Manos, isn’t it?

14 Likes

My vote is for Robert Miller from Eegah. The way he coaxes Roxy into Eegah’s arms to save his own skin is profoundly wrong. Shudder

14 Likes

But Happy Fathers Day to all the MSTies out there parenting and dadding, supporting their peeps and telling those lame jokes. Don’t stop being you!

10 Likes

I wouldn’t call the dad from Cry Wilderness the best of fathers…

8 Likes

Come on, who doesn’t want disease-ridden wild animals to play with?

6 Likes

From Reddit. The dads of MST3K (although some are missing).

15 Likes

I prefer to think of Bigfoot as the surrogate father figure

12 Likes

Dare we… summon dad jokes?!

apprentice sorcerer GIF

5 Likes

But he gunned down the evil guy to save his family.

4 Likes

Remind me how that worked out for them.

7 Likes

They all lived.

4 Likes

…In the sense that I’m living at the end of every work week. Sure. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

The napkin-hatted dad from “Hired!” is a mood :grin:

9 Likes

Is Melissa Strickland’s Dad even her actual dad, or is he a descendant like a great-great-great cousin or something who is aging because he’s only a Satanic temp who never went full-time?

That movie left so many things un-clarified. Due to either key scenes being cut out or the filmmakers sprinkling too much happy herb on their flowery ice cream. I don’t really care enough to investigate this, but I’m throwing this out there in case any of you bad movie scholars actually did.

7 Likes

I think he’s a descendant/relation, not her actual dad. I do not have any evidence to back this. And I watched it within the last 12 months ago I’m not ready to revisit yet.

6 Likes

This guy is a close second to Mike from Manos as worst-ever family man. Once I start trying to determine the Bronze contender, the competition becomes much fiercer. The Dads from Teenage Werewolf and High School Big Shot would certainly be neck-and-neck.

3 Likes

Maybe not THE worst, but I’d have to think that the Alien Leader from Teenagers from Outer Space would have to be in the running, considering that Derek never even KNEW that he was the guy’s son.

9 Likes

Kind of along the same lines, can we throw Greeba in here as a double-crossing father figure or nah?

4 Likes

judgemillslaneILLALLOWIT

3 Likes