Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone had a very merry one. Full of love and good cheer

:christmas_tree:

I actually got the day off with no calls to come in (yay), so I was free to relax and spend time with my brother and his wife and kids - we ate Chinese food (a family tradition, long before “A Christmas Story” made it a thing) - we watched the Packers and opened gifts. I got a cool, yellow Monkees tie-dye T-shirt, it looks like this

But with psychedelic colors around it (so the yellow looks like the sun). I feel like a child of the 60s (which I am)

I think I’ll wear it, then turn on the old lava lamp, give “Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd” a listen, and have a groovy post-Christmas rock out.

4 Likes

My Christmas haul included no less than 4 MST3K Shout! Factory volumes (1, 5, 6, and 35). My wife scoured my MST3K films to find some of the ones I was missing. Of course I do already have some of the episodes included in those volumes, but each had at least one episode I was missing. So, it was a very Patrick Swayze Christmas indeed.

5 Likes

Treated myself to a Campari & Soda on 12/25. Jeez… when you hardly drink at all and then down fizzy booze, it hits you like a ton of bricks. Somehow I got the Xmas dinner together without burning down the house. Well, Mr. Potroast did anyway.

Settled in later with some homemade trifle dropped off by a friend and a fine-quality copy of 1982’s Victor/Victoria. That was my go-to movie in my unmarried goof-off days every Xmas until I wore out my VHS copy.

Mr. Potroast got me a a pair of cute red wool gloves with a strolling black cat in silhouette on each wrist. Woo!

:hugs: to you, S.O.L. !

4 Likes

Merry belated ChristMST and a Happy New… Year I couldn’t think of a clever tie-in there.

3 Likes