Happy MST3Kiversary!

thankgiving1988a

It was on this date in 1988 that our favorite show debuted on KTMA-23 and took on Invaders from the Deep and Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars.

Happy 33rd, MST3K. You somehow managed to age better than Paul Rudd!

mst3kktmalogo
mst3kplanetlogo
mst3k netflix logo

32 Likes

You know, I don’t think I realized that it actually premiered on Thanksgiving.

Learn something new every day and it’s barely 7 a.m.!

9 Likes

May it be Turkey Day every day.

8 Likes

Happy birthday MST3K!!

6 Likes

Aw, Yeah!

4 Likes

Happy Turkeyversary!

I had forgotten that KTMA was channel 23. Shades of the Illuminati. And it’s also one letter adjacent to KTLA, the all-seeing omnipresent network. KTLA Predicts!

6 Likes

That means it’s time for …

9 Likes

You’ve helped fill in some of my foggier memories of tuning in to the ktma episodes… I wish that I knew if that ad ran before the family left town, or if we saw it when going through the papers when we got back home?

(Every thanksgiving week, family would travel from MN to Florida, for one last week of warmth before a long Minnesotan winter)

I’m going to have to bring this up at the Turkey Day dinner table… someone has to remember… maybe these ads will help jog memories…

Happy Turkey Day/MST3Kiversary!

3 Likes

Over a week ago was my own 30 anniversary of discovering MST3K! By the time of my birthday next month, I can officially say I’ve been watching MST3K half my life! How did that happen already?!

I went through a similar thing with SNL somewhere between Dec. 11, 1989 and Jan. 17, 1990.

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary, MST3K!!!
So uh… anybody wants cake? cuts to cake already stale and moldy from 4 years ago

3 Likes

Happy belated birthday!:fireworks::birthday::tada:

1 Like

I have mandated that we all celebrate by calling Crow a robot!

1 Like

Can’t believe I found the original comic that inspired it all…

…not really but I like the art.

10 Likes

It was MST3K’s birthday last year!

2 Likes

Happy birthday to one of the greatest shows ever!!!

2 Likes

Did anyone see it when it first premiered? If so, what did you think?

2 Likes