Frank’s finally in the chips.

10 Likes

Don’t spend it all in one place, Frank!

10 Likes

You go get that $25, Frank.

8 Likes

Frank, you may need this information:

How do I cash in my HH bond?

We pay you for your HH bonds. You cannot cash them at a bank or other financial institution.

Notes:

• You cannot cash part of an HH bond. The bond must be cashed for its full amount.
  • You must have a bank account where we can send the money. We pay only by direct deposit.
  • If you are not listed as the owner or co-owner on the bond, you must include legal evidence or other documentation to show that you are entitled to cash the bond. (Send a legible copy. We do not return the documents you send us.)

To tell us to cash your HH bond:

• Get FS Form 1522.
  • Fill it out.
  • Get your signature certified, if necessary. (It’s less than $1,000 so Frank won’t have to worry about this)

Send the bonds, the filled-out and signed FS Form 1522, and any supporting documents to:

Treasury Retail Securities Services
P.O. Box 9150
Minneapolis, MN 55480-9150

10 Likes

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

10 Likes

He’s now the second richest man in Second Banana Heaven after Ed McMahon!

11 Likes

It was a joke, practically a throwaway; and yet here we are, gathered into a great host waiting for this moment to arrive.

12 Likes
7 Likes

8 Likes

Except when (if?) he cashes it in, he’ll get $25 in 2023 money, not the inflationary equivalent of what the thing cost in 93.

9 Likes

Not yet, he has to take that $25 down to the supermarket to get the chips first.

5 Likes

Too many unknowns, but in general: “A [face value] $50 bond purchased 30 years ago for $25 would be worth $103.68 today.” So … it’s certainly enough to help chip in for another season of MST3K! Spend 'em if ya got 'em!

5 Likes

Why do people buy savings bonds? Cash, check or a gift card is more useful.

BTW, my family learned the hard way that store and restaurant gift cards are risky. We have gift cards for a restaurant that went out of business due to Covid. Visa, Mastercard, or the credit card that I can’t think of the name of are safer bets.

6 Likes

I guess that final scene at Dodger Stadium is doing a lot of narrative work. assuring us that he’s not dead.

3 Likes

I’m sure he’s rolling over in second banana heaven…or wherever…

6 Likes

ok smart guys, what’s the inflationary increase in the value of Frank’s hair?

5 Likes