Happy Winter Solstice everyone! The days only get longer from here!

Remember this guy?

He’ll be coming back real soon! So don’t be sad, axial tilt is the reason for the season!

Also, Merry Christmas, Merry Kwanzaa, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year and happy and merry all the other holidays around now. I hear December 22nd is National Date Nut Bread Day.

A delicious National Date Nut Bread Day to all and to all a good night.

15 Likes

My own little family started celebrating Yule instead of Christmas a couple years ago, so the kids are very excited for their presents and nice dinner. It helps make a dark day a little brighter, too. :sun_with_face:

8 Likes

Happy midwinter fesival of your choice, everyone. I’ll be roasting a pig’s heart and quaffing something quaffable to my fellow MSTies when the times comes.

7 Likes

Yay for longer days!

7 Likes

vw-van-bluw-santa-card-small

7 Likes

Hey! You!

SUN!

WAKE UP!

WAKE THE BLOODY HELL UP!!!

7 Likes

Was there supposed to be an image or something here? (oops, I should have drawn a border around this screenshot so it wouldn’t blend into the background… oh well)

2 Likes

There is. Weird, it shows up if you click on it.

1 Like

supermariobros3sun

DON’T ANGER HIM, PLEASE

7 Likes

6dc83b27-1964-42c8-be3f-fad8563b3b74_text

6 Likes

The days only get longer from here? Yeah, for six months, but then we end up right back in the soup.

4 Likes

That’s the sort of optimistic outlook we need around here!

5 Likes

…? there’s nothing clickable. My pointer doesn’t change from an arrow to a finger. If I look in the source code I can see there’s supposed to be a lightbox with an image, but… nothin’ doin’, apparently.

Maybe the forum decided that living in California, I know darn good and well what the sun is and didn’t need a reminder. Save some for everyone else, won’t I?

1 Like

rushmoresaymyname

4 Likes

“Do you see what I see?”

4 Likes

How White Dot Saved Christmas, coming soon to a Gizmoplex near you!

6 Likes

Remember it’s 8 seconds per day, so don’t use them all at once!

3 Likes

My wife and her mum have been a bit busy today. Merry Gingerbread, everyone!

6 Likes