Hard times with MST3K

I don’t have a grief episode, but the first time I saw The Screaming Skull was during a blizzard that dumped two feet of snow in the Mid-Atlantic. So I always associate that episode with snow.

2 Likes

By far, my favorite CT and I’d put it up there with some of my favorite MST episodes.

5 Likes

Never watched CT, I reckon I’ll start with this one.

2 Likes

I will say that some of the CT movie choices are a little too depressing for my tastes, but The Alien Factor is just hilarious.

2 Likes

Even East Meets Watts?

4 Likes

No, not that one.

2 Likes

Not yet, set that project aside since my baby was born but hope to pick it up once it warms up

2 Likes

You won’t be disappointed.
I’ve enjoyed all 12 CT dvds.

1 Like

Congratulations that’s wonderful !

1 Like

One of my CT favorites no wait I like all 12 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All of these people have gotten me through a lot of depression!
MST3K:
Moon Zero 2
Black Scorpion
Werewolf
The Blood Waters of Dr Z
Cinematic Titanic:
Alien Factor
The Wasp Woman
The Film Crew:
The Wild Women of Wongo
Rifftrax:
LIVE! ‘Manos’, The Hands of Fate
LIVE! Gigantic Spider Invasion
B & MJ Devil Girl From Mars
with Fred Willard Missle to the Moon
Mesa of Lost Women
Definitely B & MJ’s Sherlock riffs
She
She-demons

Have as much as you can!

5 Likes

Rifftrax - Lycan Colony

Just watched this on Prime. If you liked Birdemic, I think you’d like this one.

1 Like

I remember watching “Gamera vs Zigra” and its going well with both a kidney stone and the codeine I was taking for it, and almost as well with “Gamera vs Guiron”.

“Monster A-Go-Go” [sp?] goes well with drifting in and out of sleep, I think “Night of the Blood Beast” as well.

3 Likes

Cinematic Titanic: East Meets Watts, Alien Factor, Doomsday Machine

Rifftrax: Miami Connection, the MST3K reunion episode, Radical Jack, Samurai Cop. Abbraxas. Really any of their live shows are good.

My issue with Rifftrax is that sometimes the audio of the movie drowns out the riffing and that really takes me out of it. Rollerdragon is a perfect example. It’s an obnoxiously loud movie that drowns everything out.

1 Like

I love all of these, but Doomsday Machine might be my favorite. The movie is so awful, but simultaneously watchable. Might be the worst movie with a cast of recognizable Hollywood actors in all of riff-dom.

2 Likes

I love Doomsday Machine because the movie on its own is a hot mess of bad decisions. Also any movie that was finished by other filmmakers with none of the original actors is always a delight (ala Monster A-Go-Go)

But I will give it this: The scene where the two characters die in the airlock is both hilarious and haunting at the same time. Something I think comes from the utter ineptitude of the production that could never be intentionally recreated.

4 Likes

Gunslinger because of the “Naughty naughty naughty this way. Naughty naughty naughty that way. Naughty naughty naughty this way. Higher girls. And naughty spank and naughty spank and you’ve been bad in the tushy.”

Danger! Death Ray with the “Ba da da da da duh” running gag

The short A Date With Your Family. So many reasons. The description of it says it teaches Mike how to be bland, white and boring. So I get Weird Al’s White and Nerdy stuck in my head.

Get better soon pal!
Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by MyPostcard

3 Likes

Really? I bought the soundtrack on CD and often play it for its restorative qualities.

1 Like

I’m joining you in the COVID quarantine. I don’t know if I have it. My symptoms are extremely mild at the moment but in the interest of not spreading it, I had the test but there are so many people getting tested, it will take days for the results. So I’m staying home for a while.

2 Likes

Awe I feel for you! My test took 2 days to come back. I had mild symptoms. I’d feel ok then go sleep in bed for 12 hrs wake up at like 2am feeling better, next day all over again. And it just lingered. Finally pushed through it. Using over the counter stuff.

2 Likes