Harriet Jinjur Short Story & (POSSIBLY) Livestream Interaction (GIZMOPLEX ADJACENT)

Somewhat related to the Gizmoplex and the upcoming Season 13, but I figured since this is some of my work, I’d share it on the “Off-Topic” bulletin.

So, back when the MakeMoreMST3K Kickstarter hit, I was doing some major rehauls on my stories starring the Reluctant Student of the Fantastical Mystics, Harriet Jinjur, by creating special editions of the originals (found on my DeviantART) over on a new Wattpad page, each chapter appearing monthly (about half-way done.)

You can learn all my transcripts over on these links. Quick caution, there’s strong language and crude humor so READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Another major thing I wanted to do was to release short stories set in-between chapters, exploring more of the Academy of the Fantastical Mystics and its students (as well as more of Harriet’s misadventures) and release one free online every time a new episode premieres on the Gizmoplex this year.

That’s all well and good, but what does it have to do with the Gizmoplex? Well…

Teaser Pic
One of my self-proclaimed conditions during the Kickstarter was to have Harriet make a virtual presence in the chatroom for three new episodes and a Gizmoplex event. However, I had certain stipulations on whoever’s riffing this movie (I originally went with “Two Emilys and a Joel” for the final goal,) but since there’s nothing confirmed who’s riffing which, I decided to play a little loosey-goosey.

So, the ones circled in red are unconfirmed, but the two in yellow are definite Gizmoplex livestream material for my character. I crossed out the first episode because I wanted to be myself to get know all of you as well as figure out the chat. I’ve already got a good system planned for simulcast.

Which leads to my main dilemma, I’m going to be straight for the majority of the livestreams, but for five new episodes and a special event (Six in total,) I’m having Harriet “take over” for me. It’ll be somewhat similar to the Escape From Vault Disney Tweet-Alongs, but more improvisational and less crass in the language department (after all, Harriet’s a fan of the show too so she’d be on her best behavior.)

It just depends on how all think of this personal takeover, and it’s nothing untoward (like I said, the stories are free to read online.) It’s merely an opportunity to get my work out there in this super highway we call the Internet, but if you prefer me to keep to myself in these premiere chats, that’s fine. I’ll still release the short stories online.

Anyway, I hope you don’t mind this little tangent and feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. She’s only going after my account. :wink:

1 Like

For my money, this is the sitcom that I lament was cancelled too soon by ABC.

1 Like

Should’ve added a Pizza Place. I think Jonah might have one…

1 Like

Didn’t they drop the pizza place in season 2?

2 Likes

Why do you think the show was cancelled in the first place?

That pizza place was the best damn character in the whole show!

1 Like

Two short stories are now available to read for free with vampires and terror within the woods!

Be sure to check it out and feel free to give your comments on what you think if you do!

(Academy Crest by CaliDraws)

1 Like

Based on the Kingadome chat (and how it moved a mile a second during the premiere,) I’m reconsidering Harret’s participance in some of the upcoming episodes.

I’m going to try a different method through my laptop when the Manos livestream comes along. The Smart TV kept on lagging while stimucasting through my phone didn’t cause any problems.

So, I’m going to try to be a more active presence for the next event before I hand things over to my Harriet, just to see how things go this time around.

And given that it’s Manos, I’m expecting the same rapid-fire chat stroll as last time.

1 Like

New MST Premiere means New Short Story!

Check it out if you wish. It’s got robots!

1 Like