Harvey B. Dunn. A Grin Again and Again?

A doddy police captain wants his newspaper and toys with his bird. Sitting in his office, waiting on people to arrive, he walks to the water cooler and gives his bird a drink. A Lieutenant breezes in and they talk plot. Disappearances, Marsh Lake, The Old Willow Place, “facts and only facts” butt heads with monster rumors. An ace reporter and her boyfriend argue and fence as the old man grins and puts them to shame. An ultimatum, couples counseling, milking the frame, the guy in authority steals our gaze and grabs the limelight. He’s done it before and would do it again.

Missing an index finger since childhood, Harvey carved a place in 50s movies and television. Authority figures, grandfatherly types, his smile was so disarming. Superman, Fireside Theater, The Cisco Kid, Sabrina (1954), Bride of the Monster (1955), Giant (1956), Medic, Ransom! (1956), I Killed Wild Bill Hickok (1956), Sky King, Bat Masterson, Night of the Ghouls (1959), Teenagers from Outer Space (1959), The Deputy, The Untouchables, The Sinister Urge (1960), Ada (1961), My Fair Lady (1964). Notable in three Ed Wood films and Teenagers from Outer Space, Dunn is a fan favorite on MST and looms large in three episodes. Grandpa or Mr. Homicide?

Note: 3 Dunn pics landed with MST. Teenagers from Outer Space (1959), Bride of the Monster (1955), and The Sinister Urge (1960). The scoop on those are linked to below.

Summary

404. Teenagers from Outer Space (1959)

423. Bride of the Monster (1955)

613. The Sinister Urge (1960)

1 Like

Harvey B. Dunn.

Trailer of Teenagers from Outer Space (1959).

He’ll always be grandpa to me. And I can’t divert my gaze from his missing finger.

1 Like

Trailer of Bride of the Monster (1955).

Trailer of The Sinister Urge (1960).