Has Something Made You Angry that made you go RRARRGH?!

I bank with USAA and I have direct deposit and pay everything online these days but sometimes I get paper checks in the mail so I would scan them and upload them to my account, but as of last month (September) they did away with scan deposits from a desktop computer and the only way to deposit paper checks now is to take a pic of the check and upload it through their mobile app, problem is the app doesn’t seem to work on my particular cell phone (or when I tried, it wouldn’t work right) so I never used it…
I had already endorsed them for deposit with my USAA account number on the back but luckily my local credit union I just happen to have a small account with was able to cross out my USAA account number and deposit them into their account.
Thanks for telling me about this change USAA!!! :rage:

2 Likes

I got a letter from the IRS explaining how they had withheld a substantial portion of my refund due to sending me “stimulus” money in 2020, and when I tried to argue that they had not, in fact, sent me anything, they demanded written proof of when they didn’t send the checks and how much the checks they never sent were for.

5 Likes

I’ve mentioned before that I live with my parents. Well, this frequently means that I have to help my dad with tasks associated with his hobbies that he can no longer do. Currently, I have a full-time job and I’m taking a class. This means that a lot of my time is filled with those things, but my dad generally states that my job isn’t a real job (teaching in a university isn’t hard because it’s not elementary school) and that apparently means that I don’t have any real demands on my time. Just last week, I was headed to my office space to work on my class and he said I needed to help cover some things on the deck. I asked if it had to be right that instant. He said, “You’re not the only one who works in this house.” Yes, my dad made his woodworking hobby that he does for fun with no deadlines or requirements equivalent to my job and my class, both of which have definite deadlines and definite requirements for completion.

I didn’t actually make that sound but in my head I was. I really couldn’t believe that he would just ignore everything I had to do because he wanted a task to get done right at that moment.

…and yes, I did it. And then went back to work on my class.

4 Likes

This goes back a bit but I still get annoyed about.

My first cell phone contract in the 90’s was for a period of 3 years, I kept the phone thru the whole period and then went into a month to month agreement for another 16 or so months.

I reached a point where I was a bit cash strapped, and not using it that much so I asked to stop service. I confirmed at that time that I could reactivate when if i needed it. About 3 months later I switched jobs, needed my phone, and called to reactivate. Everything went pretty easy and all seemed well. I received a bill for the month I reactivated, paid for it and thought the matter was finished.

The next month however my bill contained not only the current month, but for all the unactivated months as well. After about an hour of speaking to an agent it was fixed, and i paid the current amount.

Next month was fine.

The month after those months were back on my bill, another long drawn out call to get it fixed.

Next month was fine.

Guess what happed on the next bill???

Yet another long call, the months were again removed, I then told the agent to deactivate my account, and charge me all final costs then and there, anything after charged to me after that day would be ignored if lucky or sent to my (fathers) lawyer to deal with them, put the outstanding amount on my VISA and after finishing that call, I have refused to get them any business ever again.

so… yhea… Thank you T***s.

4 Likes

Asked for distance and received time estimate.

“How far away is town/city/whatever?”
“About 30 minutes.”

Argh. This happens far too often. If I want to know how long you think it takes to get there, I’ll ask that. I’m asking how far away it is.

4 Likes

Those teeny tiny wrapped corporate chocolate bars should be banned by the Geneva Convention. Snooty boutique chocolate shops get away with selling tiny portions of chocolate because A) usually they’re loosely bagged and B) usually they’re selling something decent and not a sugar-cube-sized clot of borderline-stale oversweetened candle wax.

Despite my massive sweet tooth, I’ve managed to get through almost two weeks at work without plucking any of those things out of the seasonal pumpkin dish in the lobby. They’re honestly not worth the effort it takes to wrench them open. Pppphhhttt!!!

4 Likes

Okay, I’m curious. What chocolate bars are you talking about?

1 Like

Anything from any big candy company at this point, really.

I was not averse to grabbing a few Hershey’s kisses from someone’s desk cauldron. At least those things are designed to be quickly and easily unwrapped.

1 Like

That redbull commercial about the Jester who is openly laughed at and mocked by the crowd when he tells them he’s been ousted from the castle by force because the king noticed the jester was critiquing the kings rule and is now being punished with public torture and humiliation in return so… Yay I guess for historical accuracy???

Otherwise what’s the message here? That apparently Red Bull gives you the wings you need to smother truth and punish free speech? Like what in the actual SNARF Red Bull???

2 Likes

I just found out my rent is going up $400 (25%) next year; I’m disabled and on a fixed income. I will likely have to move 20+ miles farther from my son and martial arts dojo to an unpleasant part of town, and lose a lot of advantages and perks in the process. I might have to sell some possessions (including my library and a lot of my late father’s stuff) if rents have gone up this steeply in other parts of town. I am probably going to have to forgo taking my son to see his sister and grandmother for the holidays. Any thought of getting a doggo is right out.

4 Likes

Can I yell on your behalf? All the doors and windows are closed so it won’t disturb the neighbors.

2 Likes

Commercials that tell you to shop or do something based on race.

3 Likes

I was in a grouchy mood yesterday which didn’t help things and our QA guy finally got around to testing things I’ve had done for weeks and raised several bugs that were either a misunderstanding of the original purpose of the changes or outright unreproducable.

They all came in close to the end of the day too and I had started early so it was irksome to have to go back and re-test a bunch of stuff

Augh I love QA but man! Gimmie a break, we’re pushing for a release!!

1 Like

Dealing with my pharmacy. OMG they’re about as useful as a wicker toilet.

5 Likes

My new mortgage servicing company (which on its own website refers to itself as a debt-collection agency), which collected my escrow funds (which are used to pay taxes and homeowners insurance), then sent me a letter accusing me of failing to pay to my homeowners insurance. Then they charged me for usuriously-priced insurance they purchased from their own affiliate insurance company.

That was irritating enough, but the real RRARRGH moment came when, after I reminded them of my fully paid escrow account and their contractual responsibility to pay my homeowners insurance from that account every six months, they then sent me a letter stating that after a “formal investigation” they would waive the price of the insurance they had purchased but would reinstate it in the future if I failed to pay my insurance again. That’s when my attorney got involved with phrases like “breach of implied covenant of good faith” and “material damages.” I got a letter last week saying I now have a new mortgage service company.

3 Likes

Couldn’t really go RRARRGH for reasons that will shortly become obvious, but I was at a stop sign waiting to turn left. Into the intersection stepped a little old lady just before it was my turn to go. I, not wanting to run over a little old lady, patiently waited for her to cross the road. WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE CROSSWALK a police car pulled up behind me, nearly rammed me, and honked the horn. I turned left as slowly as I could, and thankfully by that time she had reached the sidewalk.

I don’t know if all cops are bastards, but that one sure was.

3 Likes