Have you been to previous MST3K LIVE shows?

I have been to all three of the previous live tours. I saw Eegah and Argoman in Atlanta, then The Brain in Atlanta, and finally No Retreat No Surrender in Charlotte.

My key memory of the first show was the invention exchange, with the spring snake guns. At one point Jonah, Synthia, and the Bonehead are in a standoff. Jonah switches tactics, and grabs Tom Servo as a hostage, pointing the gun at Tom’s head Then, panicking, Jonah points the gun at his own head! At the end of the segment he apologizes to Tom, saying he “always goes to his left.”

Also, Rebecca Hansen was amazing in those shows! I mean Synthia was funny on Netflix but she was downright hilarious live.

Very eager to see the new show in November. :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve only been to The Brain and Eegah! In Boulder and Denver respectively. Really bummed I missed Emily’s outing on the Cheesy Movie Circus tour.

I will mirror that Rebecca Henson did a lot of heavy lifting during both shows I saw and made it look easy. She really nails the live emcee vibe.

Got the shirts and a coffee mug and a plush MST3K Turkey so be prepared for a line at the mercy table.

1 Like

I’ve been fortunate enough to attend all three tours, even winning tickets to the Watch Out for Snakes tour. For what it’s worth, The Brain was the best MST3K experience I’ve ever had. That movie was perfect for the show and I hope they eventually record it.

1 Like

This one will be my first and I’m so excited! See you in San Diego!

1 Like

Just recently went to my first Rifftrax theater show for Hobgoblins. Did get to experience last year the Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour, No Retreat, No Surrender. Laughed the entire time, best Valentine’s Day ever!

3 Likes

Yes, I saw the Reunion Tour, the final Cinematic Titanic (if that counts), and the Watch Out for Snakes tour.

For me the most memorable bits were the song and dance numbers during Deathstalker when they were covering up the nude scenes, the Monster Home bits from the Brain, and a part where they kept repeating a particularly ridiculous scene involving a woman in lingerie from Argoman the Fantastic as a gag. Jonah’s embarrassment and stifling of laughter seemed very sincere and was extremely entertaining. I also liked all of the snake blaster commercials inserted into Eegah.

One of the things I really enjoyed about the experience was taking to people while waiting in line to get inside & doing meetups beforehand or afterwards, though that might sound weird. Since I’m from Alaska I rarely encounter someone else who likes the show and I always had to travel far for the live shows, so it was nice to meet other people who were interested in it!

Also, I still regret not buying one of those green varsity jackets from the reunion tour.

1 Like

I saw “No Retreat, No Surrender” as a belated birthday gift to myself and had a great time! The safety song was definitely a highlight for me, seeing Joel onstage was just really cool, I loved Yvonne, and Emily was adorable. I do regret not interacting more with other MSTies at the show- I’m just not the kind of confident where I easily strike up conversations with strangers. I have my ticket for the Time Bubble tour, and I’m going to try to be more sociable this go-round!

2 Likes

Only the last tour (Great Cheesy Movie Circus) came to my town, so that is my only MST3K Live experience. We went to see the show as a family and we had so much fun! There as a bit of a puppet malfunction with Crow during the show, but that just added to the hilarity! It is such a cool experience to be sitting in a crowd with other MSTies who love this kooky show as much as you do. And Joel was the host and to see him live was pretty special (pretty nice?)

PS: I have seen Trace and Frank riff live 3 times and though it is super fun too, their show is not family friendly IMO!

1 Like

I was at San Diego for the first tour, and got Felicia to sign a fake Kinga Coke bottle. Argoman wasn’t that amusing
Then the second tour in San Francisco, which was better because Synthia showed she can double cross the new Mads eventually.
Then Reno for the third tour, where I got to compare its reaction to a movie Rifftrax tore apart.
So, number four? Sure…if I can get there!

1 Like

I was there too. I toured STL for most of the day. I had a hell of a good time. I hope to do it again when we’re past this pandemic.

1 Like