Have you ever been to a MST3K-related location?

Flagstaff, AZ was my home for a number of years, and the location for the “Werewolf”.

10 Likes

I had my own Catalina Caper back in '99. It wasn’t really a caper, though. Just a conference held by a major telescope manufacturer. Let me tell you, all those old nerdy astronomers I hung out with sure didn’t know how to party. And not a girl, creepy or otherwise, among the attendees.

11 Likes

I’ve been to America! Land of Beer cans!

I’ve also lived in the DC area (Alexandria VA) so I’ve been to few monuments that have appeared in shots…

8 Likes

I grew up in a neighboring city of Eden Prairie, and thus have been in EP many times. But I also spent about two years working for a radio station in northwest Wisconsin, and have either heard of or had my voice broadcast into a number of cities that were brought up on the show. Including Minong, Ladysmith, and Spooner, where I lived during my time in the area.

7 Likes

Way back in the day, I went on a class trip to see the UN building, as featured on Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

That’s about it, although I -do- hope to go to a MENARDS and Knott’s Berry Farm.

Maybe even Branson, Missouri, but I won’t get greedy.

8 Likes

I’ve been to Branson quite a few times, but I don’t think it has much of an MST3K connection other than an occasional reference in a riff.

7 Likes

If we’re counting Menards, I have two within ten miles and I’ve been to both. But I’ve never spent enough to feel like I received a giant spider invasion of savings there.

9 Likes

Don’t you mean “Flag” “staff” with air quotes and spoken as if was two words like the way Synthia said it during one of her selects gigs?

(just saying, from now on, if I ever am given the opportunity to use “flag” “staff” in a conversation, I will follow Synthia’s lead) :wink:

I’ve been to locations in the short “Century 21 Calling” and the live show “No Retreat, No Surrender” (sadly, I was never visited by the faux ghost of Bruce Lee)

7 Likes

Oh, I have saved big money at Menards!

I’ve also been to Ellsworth, WI (mentioned in the barber shop host segment of The Corpse Vanishes) and Rhinelander, WI (mentioned a few times in King Dinosaur…and I live in Seattle, mentioned at least once in The Movie (reference to the Kingdome) and, like Jake, of course the Century 21 Calling short.

10 Likes

There’s a Menards just outside my subdivision and they do, in fact, have a Giant Spider Invasion of Savings every Halloween.

Or at least you can save on giant spiders.

8 Likes

I lived in the Twin Cities for six years, Madison, WI for two more, and Chicago for most of the rest of my life, so I’ve been to a lot of the Midwest locations. I’ve tried a Plazaburger (without Father Mushroom), seen the Tommy Bartlett show at the Dells, and been the drunk girl at the Blainebrook Bowl.

10 Likes

Did you ride the ducks?

9 Likes

Of course! You gotta!

Also the Mall of America, which was a great place to knock out your Christmas shopping in one stop before Amazon.

8 Likes

You cannot get a Giant Spider Invasion of savings at Menards. I’ sorry, but that’s the truth. Menards sale prices are always 11%. A Giant Spider Invasion of savings is, by its very nature, some multiple of 8%.

6 Likes

I live near Albuquerque and recognize several of the roadside locations that pop up in Track of the Moon Beast.

4 Likes

But you gotta send in for the rebate. :frowning:

3 Likes

I have been to Gleason, WI. In fact, my dad lives there, so I’ve been there a lot!

He even owns the non-riffed version of Giant Spider Invasion. He hasn’t seen the riffed version…

3 Likes

P.S.- Can’t forget:

6 Likes

I’ve been to all these locations and more…but I’ve never been to me.

5 Likes

I was at where Rollergator was filmed today.

3 Likes