Have you ever walked out on a movie?

Up Close and Personal. My friend and I had been mocking the movie up to about half way through and then looked at each other and said “I can’t take this anymore” in unison and walked out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dances With Wolves, but I guess only because I had better things to do with my time, Kevin.

7 Likes

I had a buddy walk out on Fast and the Furious 2. I usually want to get my money’s worth though and will sit through anything.

3 Likes

Another movie I feel like I’ve seen but can’t remember a thing about?

Read the linked review and unless there was another similar helicopter scene in another Hulk movie, then, yes I did in fact see this movie.

2003 was not the best time in my life, huge moves across the country, sick family members, starting a small business. I feel like this was probably something I eventually watched on HBO?

Would be worth a rewatch I think.

3 Likes

The review didn’t even help me. It’s like the entire movie was wiped out of my mind. Because I know I saw that movie in the theater.

(Off-topic ramble ahead)

The only other movie like that I can think of is Alien vs. Predator, which I saw at its premiere night at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood soon after moving there. A new friend had gotten me higher than I had ever been before (hooray legal substances) and I remember absolutely nothing about the movie.

In fact, the only thing I remember about that night at all is that he brought along a new girlfriend and we were driving down Sunset and saw John Travolta shooting a movie and she yelled, “I LOVE YOU!” out of the car window. He broke up with her not long after.

Okay, I needed a quick trip down memory lane this afternoon.

4 Likes

Loved this movie for the music and Jolie…

Hated this movie for … so very many erroneous downshifts… You’d need a 14-speed transmission (at least) for most of the driving scenes to make any sense at all…

sigh…

I’d love to see an edited version that replaced the car sounds/fake downshifts with what the cars would have sounded like if properly driven/recorded?

For anyone with similar annoyances when it comes to car/racing movies, is there a better movie in this respect than Ford V Ferrari? I think in multiple in-theater viewings I heard one erroneous upshift???

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t know that the Venn diagram crossing point of ‘MST3K fans’ and ‘people who can recognize the accuracy of upshifting and downshifting in a movie’ is very large.

4 Likes

Which is to say nothing about the Vin Diagram.

9 Likes

Or the Vin Dieselgram?

Edit: D’oh! Forgot about that invention exchange. Replied before the image was up.

5 Likes

Nod… true.

2 Likes

Considering one of the other most annoying movies to me in this way is a FF movie…

Extremely appropriate image!

3 Likes

I was mildly annoyed that she just moved each wheel to the next spot rather than spinning them to make it look random, but it was funny otherwise.

2 Likes

I have no problem walking out of a theater if the movie isn’t doing it for me. Long ago I decided that I would never throw good money after bad by staying through something that I couldn’t even enjoy on an MST3K level. I try to be polite about it – I’ll wait until there’s a slow part, then stay low and move quick.

But yeah, I’ve walked out of Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Jesus wept, Coppola. What did Stoker ever do to you?), Waterworld (Seriously, Costner?), the middle of those tragic Hobbit movies (Thanks for the 3d4k120fps headache fest, Jackson) , and the most recent Jurassic Park movie (my wife picked it. I’ve told her that there are easier ways to ask for a divorce.)

But most recently it was

A movie almost entirely shot by actual candle light, apparently on a drunken dare to remake Monty Python and the Holy Grail but without the humor.

7 Likes

Hey, it worked when Kubrick did it…

3 Likes

I walked out of Go. I just didn’t connect with it. It was at a free college premiere showing, so no money lost.

3 Likes

Kubrik could afford more than three candles per scene. “Acclaimed Director David Lowery” apparently could not.

2 Likes

Heh, I’m not gonna lie, I’m an unabashed Fast/Furious guy. When I heard that they were going into space for F9? I WAS FREAKING OUT

But I’m totally cool with how they’re not everyone’s bag.

5 Likes

Oh, I didn’t walk out of it, but Transformers was excruciating for me. My brother wanted to see it… and I thought it would be rude to walk out and leave him there… plus he drove, lol. But Jesus… when the sequel came out, I was like, “I love you brother, but I can’t, I just can’t.” (One of his daughters went with him instead, so he had company)

Of late, I do turn off a lot of crap movies I stream or check out from the library. I never used to do that, but these days I think, “I’m old and could be dead soon, I don’t have time to waste.”

I don’t mean enjoyably dumb movies, but ones that are painful. I remember at one point during some garbage, I thought, “I still haven’t even seen -insert titles of highly-respected movies on my Wishlist- what am I doing wasting time with this dreck?”

5 Likes

Amen, brother, you nailed it. I don’t want to be thinking on the way out “Really? Today was my last day on earth, and I spent it sitting all the way through Shrek 3?”

5 Likes

Oh, no, love the FF movies…

There are just a few of them that really need to explain how the car they’re in has an 18-speed manual transmission… or, you know, not throw in downshifts like sprinkles on ice cream?

It takes me out of a scene out of the moment so hard?

Shrug.

3 Likes