Head cannons to unrelated films

If this has been done, please tell me and I’ll delete. I just re-watched “Teenage Strangler,” and now I keep imagining him as a more violent version of the character from “I’m Thinking of Ending Things.” Anyone else have those kind of moments?

4 Likes

Wait. You mean the title character of TS ? Or maybe Mikey the Bike Thief? I’m confused. Anyway…

On the Club MST3K board (several years before we knew we’d get the show back), I asked people to take a character from the show and recast them into another, ongoing program instead.

I wanted to see a Portlandia sketch with Joel and Mike living in the same neighborhood: casually running into each other in a checkout line or at the gas station: chatting amiably about their kids’ SATs, dorky FB memes, sports, whatever. This would be intercut with fans still having Host Wars. Family ties would fray, small business would collapse, lifelong friendships would go up like tissue paper in a bonfire, etc.

Not exactly the same, so… Uh, what if Rondo Hatton had a chance to be in The Elephant Man? :thinking:

2 Likes

I meant the titular character, since both he and the character from I’m Thinking of Ending Things are depressed old janitors

Seeing Joel and Mike in Portlandia would be fun! The host wars would rend the city asunder, and only Carrie and Fred could heal the rift (possibly with the help of robot friends?)

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for that explanation. I’m not familiar with the show but it sounds interesting.

We could name the local guest robot after Colin the Chicken (R.I.P.) :wink: Since it’s an AU anyway, we can claim immunity if they mostly get along instead of someone being destroyed in a grisly fashion.

2 Likes

There’s a Coleman Francis-verse because the multiverse is a cruel place. It’s not even a fun “evil” universe like Earth-Three in DC Comics, just a hopeless defeated one made of hate, despair and beer cans full of cigarette butts.

4 Likes