Helena Dalli (from "Final Justice")

Did you know that Helena Dalli, the actress who plays the Maltese policewoman in Final Justice, actually has a pretty high role in politics these days? Even reaching the European Commission…
She was actually on the news over here in The Netherlands a couple of years back, talking about EU laws.

More info here : Helena Dalli, from 'policewoman' to commissioner, without joining the corps

Made me laugh :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I assume she’s going to make Goosio the official EU mascot or die trying.

5 Likes

Maybe Maltan politics is like the Meepos monarchy.

2 Likes

Carla Sands, from Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, has gone on to a political career too.

3 Likes

And she’s kinda nuts.

5 Likes

this makes me so happy. i kind of work with some people from malta and every time i want to ask them if they know of ‘final justice’. maybe i can get there by starting a conversation on european politics…

2 Likes

Yep, I remember reading about this a few years ago and thinking that nothing in her FJ role, however pivotal and complex it was, had hinted at a such a future.

1 Like

Such is the power of Goosio.

2 Likes

As long as you don’t let them talk you into an evening of the island’s traditional folk music, “għana”. It is quite excruciating.
Other trivia about Malta - the island was collectively awarded a medal by King George VI, for their brave resistance during WW2. Bu they still couldn’t keep Joe Don Baker out.

4 Likes

Not just any medal; the George Cross. That’s basically a British Commonwealth equivalent of the Medal of Honor, but for civilians (and military personnel doing that level of gallantry not in the presence of the enemy). It’s on their flag to this day.

1 Like