Helena Dalli (from "Final Justice")

Did you know that Helena Dalli, the actress who plays the Maltese policewoman in Final Justice, actually has a pretty high role in politics these days? Even reaching the European Commission…
She was actually on the news over here in The Netherlands a couple of years back, talking about EU laws.

More info here : Helena Dalli, from 'policewoman' to commissioner, without joining the corps

Made me laugh :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I assume she’s going to make Goosio the official EU mascot or die trying.

5 Likes

Maybe Maltan politics is like the Meepos monarchy.

2 Likes

Carla Sands, from Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, has gone on to a political career too.

3 Likes

And she’s kinda nuts.

4 Likes

this makes me so happy. i kind of work with some people from malta and every time i want to ask them if they know of ‘final justice’. maybe i can get there by starting a conversation on european politics…

2 Likes

Yep, I remember reading about this a few years ago and thinking that nothing in her FJ role, however pivotal and complex it was, had hinted at a such a future.

1 Like

Such is the power of Goosio.

2 Likes

As long as you don’t let them talk you into an evening of the island’s traditional folk music, “għana”. It is quite excruciating.
Other trivia about Malta - the island was collectively awarded a medal by King George VI, for their brave resistance during WW2. Bu they still couldn’t keep Joe Don Baker out.

3 Likes