Help Me Choose My Labor and Delivery Episodes.

I’m pregnant with my second child (total surprise) who is due in a few months. With my last, I watched episodes of The Office to take my mind off of the pain. This time, I’m planning on having MST3K episodes playing. I’ve already got a few of my favorite picked out, but what episodes would you choose?

13 Likes

Congratulations! Seems like episodes that are completely escapist are in order. I nominate Catalina Caper and Angels Revenge.

3 Likes

Definitely not The Violent Years.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t suggest Night of the Blood Beast either.

5 Likes

Hercules goes through some labors in Hercules. I’d probably start there.

9 Likes

Especially given not having had a first. :exploding_head:

Hercules Against the Moon Men

5 Likes

Well, nothing with extremely annoying children. So no Gamera movies, no Yongary, no Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

How about a musical theme? Nothing takes your mind of labor like a snappy tune I’m sure!
Creepy Girl, Catalina Caper
Idiot Control Now, Pod People
Tubular Boobular Joy, Outlaw
Loving Lovers Love, Overdrawn at the Memory Bamk
Every Country Has a Monster, Reptilicus
Concepts, The Day Time Ended

7 Likes

Doesn’t this movie go against your previous “no annoying children” suggestion?

9 Likes

How dare you!

1 Like

Congrats and I’m throwing The Beatniks in for consideration for no real reason but I love that ep.

4 Likes

And yes, heartiest congratulations! :smiley:

3 Likes

Surprise kids are awesome. I was a surprise kid, so I may be a bit biased.

Another vote for Catalina Caper from me, aside from being one of my favorites, it is just a fun episode, so I am easily distracted by it. I would also have Moon Zero Two, as it is one of the goofier space romps with the dancing and zero-g fight scene in the bar.

5 Likes

Hmmm good point. Although I’m not sure Mikey or whatever his name was is really a child so much as a hairless pod creature who was found in the woods.

6 Likes

Well, if any movie is going to get the job done it’s “Mitchell” and “Final Justice.”

“Go ahead on” with that birth.

8 Likes

Pregnancy-Brain must really have broken my brain because it took me way too long to get this :woman_facepalming::joy:
And yep, she’s definitely a surprise because my first daughter just turned ten in December and I’m getting up there in age. I’m still excited, but when I found out I nearly fainted from shock. (And low blood pressure :woman_facepalming::joy:)

7 Likes

Maybe you can doppel yourself into an anteater while in labor to avoid the whole thing while scrolling up Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

And I forgot to say congratulations too. Congratulations!

5 Likes

Congrats! I’ll put in a word for Quest of the Delta Knights. That one is just fun. And likely to inspire some conversation.

But hopefully you’ll be like me and your second will come quick enough that you won’t have time to dip into your time-killers. You’ll have a plethora for recovery instead.

5 Likes

The Day the Earth Froze! A must. My favorite episode, in part because an old worn out VHS of it has helped me get through some rough times. This one always makes me feel better.

5 Likes

Mazel Tov!

I would suggest newer seasons as the labor progresses: You’re going to need a high rate of riffing to get through!

6 Likes

Serious answer? I’d go with this or any of the Russo-Finnish quadrilogy for pure effectiveness, especially Jack Frost.

5 Likes