Here we go a-wassailing

Did you know you can buy wassail mix on Amazon?

2 Likes

Never had wassail. First heard of it from Will Vinton’s A Claymation Christmas when they sing “Here we go a waffling.” I don’t know why I wouldn’t like it. I like apple cider.

4 Likes

Good to know. I, for one, do not want severe financial penalties to come to me.

6 Likes

I had wassail once on a field trip to a reproduction of a colonial village. It wasn’t bad, but I prefer apple cider!

2 Likes

I had wassail from Ikea. It wasn’t bad. But it didn’t make me want to go wassailing☹️

1 Like

Wassail is another word for caroling. Some variations substitute a-caroling for a-wassailing.

2 Likes

drinks big can of Wassail Ahhh! Finally the great taste of Wassail

2 Likes

Tried Wassail (I was told it was Wassail, I have doubts) for the first time on Thanksgiving. It was pretty good! I would have drank more but had to be a responsible adult.

1 Like

Making your own wassail doesn’t look too difficult.

Finding “leaves so green” this time of year is a harder task. :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

I also suspect that it isn’t an olde time recipe either. Fuji apples, indeed.

1 Like

I’d like to thank you for sending me down the rabbit hole that is medieval fruit varieties. And, I learned something today.

Find one of these and your authenticity increases tenfold! Good luck with ye olde hard cider, English pale ale and Madeira…

2 Likes

I’ve seen Gravenstein apple cider at Trader Joes.

3 Likes

Remember: Be sure to check the freshness date on your Wassail. You wouldn’t want to drink something that was made in the 16th century!

4 Likes

Only the most authentic wassail will do!

4 Likes

Nope can’t hear that word without the whole bit playing in my head.

BTW, what are your debit card and pin numbers again?

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to know the rest of the legalese verses. “If the party of the first part…”

3 Likes

Just wait for some wasaileers to show up at your door. They’ll clue you in.

3 Likes

I love Fresh Bargetto Honey Mead before and after Wassailing

Bargetto Winery - Wines

1 Like