Hi! I’m Max Keller. I’m A Wanna Be Ninja Here To Help You Sneak Into The Gizmoplex. This is the OPEN THREAD for the Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party: Master Ninja II (Tonight, August 18, at 8 PM EDT)

We Have a Van, a Hamster, and a Cause! (Though apparently not much clue.) That’s right, your moderators are pleased to present the third stop on the Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, The Road Less Traveled!

This week, we’re taking a road trip back to 1980s TV land, with John Peter McCallister and his … ahem … student, Max Keller. We will be making stops at a cannery in need of a union, and assisting a previous James Bond defeat a previous Man from UNCLE in Master Ninja II.

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. However, Kinga is doing some remodelling of the main theater, so we need to be ninja quiet as we sneak into one of the top-secret screening rooms (AKA the VHX site). If Kinga or Max find us, union busters and secret agents will be the least of our worries!

MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

Master Ninja II - MST3K: SEASON 3 (1991-92) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

In the theater, the crew watches as an aging American ninja and his young sidekick do typical ninja stuff: fighting terrorists and helping tuna cannery workers unionize in “Master Ninja II” (1984). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Tom assigns appropriate pets…

So gas up the van, feed the hamster, and get ready to learn some new ninja skills when you join us at 8 PM EDT sharp for Master Ninja II. (But don’t worry, join in anytime by advancing to the current point, ie, tune in at 8:26EDT, advance to 26 minutes.)

Remember, the Gizmoplex Theater is closed for refurbishment! We are meeting in the secret bunker (also known as the VHX website)

7 Likes

Max Kellah!!!
I have a van and a gerbil and I talk like I’m from New York I’m a Van Patten so you know it’s going to be good. Lee van der sloot is my co-star in this series of individual episodes put together to make it look like a movie.

5 Likes

Looking forward to Max’s manifesto on how businesses are democracies and everything is up for a vote (not just union issues.)

5 Likes

I think I’ll try that at the place I work and see what happens. I would imagine I’ll be out of a job right after I voice that type of a manifesto in the corporate environment.

4 Likes

The name’s Plex. Gizmoplex.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 Likes

To be fair, this was only a couple of years after Reagan had been elected and conditions for workers hadn’t regressed the way they have since then, but even then his philosophy would have been a little extreme.

3 Likes

woohoo!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, it’s time to get back on that Road Less Traveled with yet another watch party!

With MNI already watched, I’m so ready for MNII! Going to be another fun night, just know.

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

We’re remembering our ABCs here tonight!

Always
Be
Cmasterninja

6 Likes

It’s always something awesome when the van takes a right on Stephen J. Cannell Boulevard! (Different ep, but the essence of the message still stands.)

5 Likes

I’m watching Master ninja 1 I need to refresh my memory so that I understand the narrative… If there is one.
Ewwwwwww max Kellah kissed demi moore gross

5 Likes

I actually remember this show. I remember watching this show. It was typical 80s cheese, and yet the bloody thing got a blue ray release. HOW???

5 Likes

Is… is MST3K responsible for the demand for such a release?

[slowly turns towards the camera in horror]

7 Likes

Woohoo! I’m on my couch where I belong for this one!

6 Likes

I think the narrative is that Lee shaoe-shifts when it’s time to do stunts, and Max gets invoved with women who may or may not be of legal age. Then again, he had played a high-schooler just a couple of years before.

4 Likes

Honestly, I had wondered. It was a half-season show. it should be relegated to the dusty attic of television past. And yet …

6 Likes

Let’s do this thing!

In two hours. Pace yourselves

Until then, I’ll just hang out, make some dinner, and continue trying to come to terms with the fact that Dick Van Patten isn’t his dad, he’s his half-brother.

7 Likes

Back in the day, I think Comedy Central had asked them if they could make the show shorter - I don’t mean the clips format they suggested at the beginning, but I think they wanted a hour or half-hour at one point.
It was Best Brains’ choice to make of course, but I think there was more than enough material like The Master to carry an MST3K series of shorter episodes.

6 Likes

:notes:Master Ninja in the house tonight…everybody’s gonna have a good time…:musical_note:

Wait.

If you know the Master Ninja is in the house tonight…are they really a Master Ninja??? :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Current mood: Daniel Kwan cheering on Ke Huy Quan’s Oscar win

7 Likes