Hobgoblins Rifftrax Post-Mortem

I though the boys did great last night. Good riffs, brilliant “re-imagining” of the (obviously throwaway) “Hobgoblins Song” from MST3K, and I think it was less mean than the MST version. Also, the parts they put back from the original actually do help the movie make a (little) more sense (and were also mostly understandable why they took them out in the MST version).

I just have one question: Why does “Fantazia” at 976-Scag have a frame picture of the “Boardwalk” card from Monopoly behind her?

7 Likes

I felt it took a little while to get started, but they definitely came at it with a fresh approach, and I got into the groove. Still I did a lot of laughing out loud!

2 Likes

Because from early childhood she had built her life goals around The Drifters’ 1964 hit “Under the Boardwalk,” and THIS was the best she could do. It’s … it’s just sad, really.

4 Likes

This is the first live RiffTrax event that I have missed but I am not comfortable being in a movie theater (in DC) right now. I was until recently but with the surge, I am feeling cautious. Looking forward to the VOD later.

4 Likes

I’m with you–well, socially distanced, of course. I can’t visit a theater yet.

3 Likes