Holiday Food

I grew up with Italian cookies on Christmas Eve. I found an Italian deli that has similar cookies, so I bought some for Christmas!

5 Likes

Please do. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m flying home today laden with about two cubic feet of Christmas cookies from my stepmom (she’s Italian)

4 Likes

My niece makes really good macarons, and one of her presents to me was a box of her latest output, including some apple & cinnamon-flavoured ones. Looking forward to them!

Short of some family members who weren’t able to travel, Christmas dinner was a large chicken instead of a turkey, but all the usual other trimmings, apart from roast parsnips. We’re having those tomorrow, on my birthday, accompanying a nice joint of Dexter beef.

4 Likes

Ever lay your hands on the meatballs, tomato sauce, and sauerkraut recipe?

1 Like

Nope. Forgot all about it.

@BorisLugosi DARN IT!!!

2 Likes

Pretty sure the recipe is just that. Meatballs (homemade with half pork and ground beef), tomato sauce (or juice), and bagged sauerkraut. It’s good. Nothing fancy. She doesn’t season it too much so I like to add little Tapatio hot sauce.

1 Like

Thank you sir. “FRIEND!!!” “GOOD!!!”

1 Like

Aw, man. My girlfriend’s son is upstairs playing Xbox and I just want to kick him off of it to watch Bride of Frankenstein.

1 Like

My all-time fav Universal Monster film. It improves with age. The levity in it is so outstanding and the heartbreak.

1 Like

I posted this in the recipe exchange thread but this seems like an appropriate place for it too.

For some reason my electric company is in the habit of periodically putting out cookie cook books at the holidays. They’ve compiled every one they’ve ever released and made them available as pdf files on their website. There are 60 of them at this point dating back as far as 1932. Here’s the link if anyone wants to take a look: Get Cookie Books | We Energies

2 Likes

Was this their former name? If so, I already own a few of these recipes even though I’ve never been to Wisconsin.

1 Like

The oldest books have the name “The Electric Co.” On them, then it switches to “Wisconsin Electric Power Company.”, and finally it’s current name “WE Energies”. So I guess your book is from another company. I never realized how connected power and cookies were!

2 Likes

Pretty much every utility company and appliance manufacturer has been churning these out for centuries. I own lots of them. It’s a common form of promotion, much like slapping advertisements on t-shirts and matchbooks.

2 Likes