🎄 Hooray for Santy Claus! 🎄 It's OPEN THREAD O'CLOCK for our Tribute to SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS! (UPDATE: Due to technical delays, tonight's livestream will begin 90 minutes late, at 9:30 PM ET / 6:30 PM PT)

Welcome to the second night of our Gizmoplex holiday extravaganza!! Tonight, ride along with Joel and the bots as they watch a kidnapped Santa Claus teach humorless aliens about the true meaning of Christmas, in SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS.

But first, we’ll be premiering a BRAND NEW short riff, “Bicycling Visual Skills.”

Finally, stick around after the episode for a special holiday post-show event, “The MST3K 2022 Yule Log: Memories Roasting on an Open Fire.” It all starts at 8pm ET / 5pm PT.

#SeeYouInTheGizmoplex!

ETA: Due to an encoding issue, tonight’s show will now be starting at 9:30 ET / 6:30 PT. Our deepest apologies for the delay!

10 Likes

Woohoo! Night #2 of Holiday Week!

So excited for a new short, a glorious classic episode and the aftershow!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :smiley:

My favorite of the Christmas episodes!

I wanna say that this was the fifth episode I ever watched (after Alien from L.A. on MTV and Pod People, The Amazing Colossal Man, and Space Travelers on the Mystery Science Theater Hour by way of a local channel affiliate).

There’s a lot of good memories bound up in this one, stretching back to my time in junior high, and it’s been a firm part of my holiday traditions ever since. And it’s awesome to see such traditions still running by way of the Gizmoplex.

PLUS we’ve got a great new short and aftershow shenanigans to look forward to!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 Likes

My very first MST3K and still one of my favorites. (It was true love from the fakey Polar Bear attack onward.) Been holding off on revisiting it all month in anticipation of tonight!

7 Likes

Normally, Roadhouse kicks off Christmas movie season in our house, but this is coming early enough that it becomes the kick off. Roadhouse will have to come later, but there is still 12 days until it is too late.

5 Likes

Jazz & cutouts âś“
Hot chocolate âś“
Bourbon for Hot Chocolate âś“
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians & a new short âś“

It’s going to be a fun night.

5 Likes

Gonna brew up some Eggnog flavored coffee to drink while watching. Unfortunately, I can’t get Pizza EVERY night this week for health and monetary reasons, but I’m trying to make every show a little bit special.

6 Likes

As I said a couple weeks ago, the holiday season doesn’t truly start for me until I get the Christmas trio going.

These mean so much to me and now I’m doing it on an official platform with a sizable group of fellow MSTies!

So ready for this!

(And yes, now I get to soon add the quartet episode to the mix!)

1 Like

Sweeeeet…

4 Likes

Same here! I would’ve been all about rewatching it, but it seemed like it would be better to revisit those beats in a somewhat fresh style by way of the Gizmoplex!

2 Likes

I mean, Road House doesn’t tell us that it’s NOT a Christmas movie…

1 Like

HECK YES, BROTHER :smiley:

respek

1 Like

Can’t watch the Mads and this at the same time. If i could would it make it Santa Claus vs. The Teenagers From Outer Space?

'cos I’d sooo watch that!

4 Likes

It is absolutely KEY to the holiday season. All of those episodes are.

And to be able to rock this out by way of the Gizmoplex is a fantastic new dimension to all of this, especially with the greatest fanbase in the universe!

Yeah, to have one more Christmas episode added to the collection is something outstanding!

1 Like

The answer is two windows. I watched an MST3K event and a TMBG concert at the same. A bad idea, yes, but it was awesome.

3 Likes

Santa Claus versus lobster shadows and focusing disintegrators? I wouldn’t bet on the other guys.

1 Like

I watched one of the MST3K events and an NYR game at the same time.

At least with hockey, you can mute it and not lose everything.

2 Likes

You might get some of that wonderfully weird Dark Side of the Rainbow synchronicity!

2 Likes

multitasking!
amy poehler GIF

2 Likes