How are people on the west coast watching the soft launch?

I try to get get those days off, but if I can’t, I wait until the next day to watch the VOD.

1 Like

This isn’t sarcasm: I’m not sure what you mean by this.

7:30 ET would be 4:30 PT. Did you mean 8:30 PM ET?

1 Like

I know the episodes are available on demand very soon after the premiere, but I wonder if a scheduled replay (with chat enabled) on the Saturday or Sunday afternoon might be worthwhile?

Obviously it wouldn’t be quite the same as the live premiere, but it might be helpful for those in other time zones who are having a bit of a struggle with the actual premiere (e.g. I’m in the UK and they are airing at 1am here, which is pretty late for me these days).

8 Likes

Pacific time zone here. The live events start while I’m still on the clock but I tune in anyway. It makes the end of the day go by pretty fast and work can basically suck it.

4 Likes

That would be cool-- I couldn’t be at the Santo premiere but would have happily watched it Saturday afternoon with the other latecomers

2 Likes

The Last Drive-In has a similar issue, but Joe Bob just starts at 6/9 and it goes to 11/2. Somewhat different (albeit overlapping) crowd.

2 Likes

We’re WFH here (and our jobs are largely staying that way from now on) So it’s not been a problem at all. But starting later wouldn’t hurt any either

3 Likes

I would love to be part of the live events but the start time just doesn’t work for me. I live in California and off work on weekdays at 5:15pm so I get to watch a fragment of the opening and I don’t get to start watching again until usually after 6pm. Add in the fact that I have two young sons that aren’t as into the show as I am and I’m using the app on my phone to try to watch it. An 8pm or 9pm start time would be great for me because they’re going to bed at that point but I understand that that wouldn’t work for people on the east coast.

1 Like

And now my schedule has changed and I work until 6PM on Fridays, so I will have to content myself with the re-run.

1 Like