How do I access Gizmoplex on my TI-92?

Wait, an unpunched card? The cards around my house were generally all punched.

Essentially, my folks used bugs as coasters.

5 Likes

Flaunting their failures right under your nose.

7 Likes

Did he come out of retirement in the late ’90s like many others to profit off the pre-Y2K debugging boom?

3 Likes

Kind of redundant, really.

2 Likes

The Dreamcast could do ANYTHING, it was the greatest gaming console of all time, I will die on this hill, thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

8 Likes

I had an Atari 400! Chiclet keyboards sucked.

4 Likes

Chatting in the Gizmoplex was really difficult on my calculator. Even in hexadecimal mode I only had access to the first six letters of the alphabet.

3 Likes

You think that was hard? Try doing it with a rotary phone. It was all the Bell Telephone Company would install in my house back in 1978.

4 Likes

Pfeh. You kids with your fancy gadgets. This is how I was chatting:

Almost finished with my first message!

10 Likes

I’m still working out if it’s possible to communicate via theremin and acoustic modem.

14 Likes

8 Likes

Ah yeah, back when this fandom was all about dialing up SOL-5463.

5 Likes

Not even my Powerbook (renamed Powerback XXXX) is safe from White Dot!

Teaser Pic

9 Likes

Simple solution for you. An acoustic coupler modem:

acoustic_coupler

Now you can enjoy the stream at 300 baud.

10 Likes

They were tossing this at work, had to add it to my computer collection.
Of course the first thing I thought of is, can I access the Gismoplex on my Synertek VIM Model 1?

14 Likes

Sure, as long as you didn’t use any of the special parts to make some robot friends.

7 Likes

Buncha posers. You haven’t lived until you’ve enjoyed Beyond Atlantis on one of these.

But my Morse is so rusty …

7 Likes

Why use something so primitive, when just a couple of years later you could have pictures?

Yes, the fax machine is just that old.

6 Likes

There’s even a movie from the nine-TEEN 30’s with a fax machine playing and important role in a caper. Mighta been His Girl Friday.

4 Likes

VIM! It’s a microcomputer and a text editor.

3 Likes