How do I access Gizmoplex on my TI-92?

I thought it was a multivitamin.

4 Likes

Wow, all six vitamins are in there? I need to get to the druggist!

5 Likes

Vitamins A, B, C, D, E…

And of course: VITAMIN F!

2 Likes

Although not as impressive as the ideas I have read here. I have MST3K on my Steam Deck to enjoy.

9 Likes

This is awesome! I’ve seen a lot of old tech over the years, but I’ve never seen this. I love those chunky old edge-card connectors. Any copyright date on the board? I’m guessing 1980 - 82? Is that gold disc a piezo speaker?

What a find. This should be framed and displayed!

2 Likes

My brother picked up an Apple II today. Hoping I can use it to access the Gizmoplex.

10 Likes

$400 is a pretty good deal for an original Apple ][.

2 Likes

Maybe the only question that matters: Did it come with Oregon Trail already in the disk drive?

7 Likes

You couldn’t actually play Oregon Trail on the original Apple ][. No cursor keys. And no up and down keys on the ][+. You have to hold out for a ][e for that.

3 Likes

Ooooooooooooooo

Nice!

2 Likes

Dang.

/me adds to shopping list notes.

2 Likes

Re: Oregon Trail: There were “expert” aiming keys (similar to today’s WASD) that worked well on the older ][ computers. The earlier education version had simpler hunting: “Press any key”. (And prior to home computers, you had to type BANG to shoot (really!) and your success was randomly determined.)

6 Likes

And none of it mattered as you were going to die from dysentery anyway. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

dysentery, datentery, dosenteries over dere…

4 Likes

Quite a collector’s item!

1 Like

My kids had the upgrade to the upgrade. They used digital 3D and audio.

2 Likes

Listen, unless I can get the Gizmoplex on my Altair, I’m just gonna have to wait until the novel comes out.

1 Like