How do I access Gizmoplex on my TI-92?

But look at what subsequent computers did with that same processor.

3 Likes

This has me thinking of when I was very young and occasionally staying with my uncle on the weekend if he had to go into work at Southern New England Telephone he would bring me and I would would be at a teletype playing some game on the mainframe. Some text game I can’t remember, or a primitive version of lunar lander, or getting out the “special” roll of paper tape and printing out a snoopy.

Basically with anything made if there is any chance of it being used as a toy people will find a way to do it.

4 Likes

It’s too bad Zilog couldn’t keep up with Intel, the Z80 was better than the 8080 but after that they were always behind when moving to 16 and 32 bit CPUs.

3 Likes

If i cant stream on my casio digital watch then why did I even pledge?

7 Likes

How about nixie tubes? Can I view MST3K on nixie tubes?

7 Likes

One standard numeric Nixie tube? Not enough resolution. Gang enough of them together, though, and you’ve got a 1-2 bit dot matrix display.

5 Likes

I’m thinking a whole wall of nixie tubes. So I can watch it in HD.

4 Likes

Maybe if one were to shoehorn a Bluetooth transceiver into the watch …

3 Likes

Might get a little warm. You’d probably need the rest of the room to house the air conditioning.

3 Likes

This is starting to feel like a contemporary pitch meeting. :crazy_face:

“Imagine a pair of shoes … but Bluetooth!”

“Wait! Macaroni and cheese … but Bluetooth!”

“Yes! Bluetooth and open source! With NFTs! What’s not to love?”

6 Likes

Are you saying that we should put Bluetooth on the ZX Spectrum?

2 Likes

Internet - How come I can’t get the internet on this thing?

5 Likes

Yep, I proudly spent an otherwise gorgeous afternoon copying line after line of code from a magazine so I could play “Boa Alley” on mine whenever I wanted. After I loaded it up from the cassette tape drive, of course…

8 Likes

I did the same. Enter magazine was fun for kids. Even copying the endless lines of code was fun.

5 Likes

Cut my teeth on these:

Added graphics, sounds, gameplay enhancement, etc. How I learned to code. The Basics of the time were awful, limited, hard-to-read and yet it was still a better way to learn than the current “install 14 different stacks and use 6 different methodologies to create a compact 3,000 line tic-tac-toe game…”

9 Likes

I still have that and the original volume stashed away in my library.

3 Likes

As do I.

3 Likes

Back to the original subject, do we have the proper code books to punch the appropriate cards for a punch card stack so I can access the Gizmoplex?

6 Likes

My father was a systems guy in the ‘60s and ‘70s and until I moved out of the house every shopping list, phone message, etc. was written on the back of an unpunched card. No clue where they kept coming from … I think maybe the walls were insulated with them.

11 Likes

Back then an office that used punch cards had them by the thousands. They were a little like sticky notes are today.

9 Likes