How do users track consecutive days 'on', or more specifically logging in to the site?

Saw some chat about a couple of badges coming up this Summer for folks in a sep Discourse discussion, and also see that some of our number have got 100+ logged, commemorated by a badge.

But it got me to wondering about local-ish achievements in the community and how folks know if they’re close or not to them (I mean, I don’t need a Bachelor’s in Underwater Satellite Weaving, but if I’m just a few credits away… would be cool to know). It also makes me wonder about the language of the achievement, if I leave my own self logged in here for 100 straight days…? Of my 150+, I’d have thought that by now I’d have hit some consecutive run in there. But there may be actions required per day? Etc.

Anyway, to the Aficionados, good on ya! Stick around, there’s another boost coming as you hit 365!

3 Likes

I never saw a count of consecutuity anywhere. Yous’ll have to remember when you weren’t on last and count from there. You probably get credit for reading stuff. Just make sure to let the little blue dots disappear so the reading counts.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see a measure but you can track your own progress by clicking your account icon and viewing the summary, it tracks days visited and all sorts of other KPIs including badges earned.

That said I think some badges are broken. I’m sure I’ve hit the ratio for empathetic but I haven’t gotten that one yet (or I’m reading the criteria wrong) anyway not worth worrying about

2 Likes

The count will give total number of days and hours reading and such, but not consecutive days. I think in my head part of my curiosity is, ‘huh, it’s odd to have a ‘merit badge’ associated with something that the potential achiever hasn’t got insight to their progress on, should they even want it’.

2 Likes

abacus

2 Likes

You can look at badges as a reminder of what you’ve been up to as opposed to as a goal to be achieved.

2 Likes