How do you say it?

When the lot of yous are talking about the television show about which this forum was created, which variation of the title thereof do you find yourself using the most?

• Mystery Science Theater 3000
  • MST
  • Mystery Science
  • MST3000
  • Mystery Science Theater
  • MST3K

0 voters

8 Likes

I ruled out The Joikahmily Show because the sweater hasn’t been knitted yet.

13 Likes

When I’m mentioning the show to someone who isn’t necessarily a fan I say “Mystery Science Theater”, and they generally know what I’m talking about.

9 Likes

Yeah, depends on who I’m talking to… most folks I have to ask if they know or remember the show.
Sad, really…

7 Likes

MST3K.

Either I’m already talking to folks in the know or I’m using the acronym to get potential new fans curious and interested.

6 Likes

I typically use MST3K, it just rolls off the tongue so easily. If I get a confused look from the intended audience, I will use the full name, and quite often the light of recognition then dawns upon them.

2 Likes

Like others said, it depends. If I expect someone to know the abbreviation, I’ll probably use MST3K. If not or I’m unsure, I’d probably use Mystery Science Theater, because the 3000 usually isn’t necessary for people to know what I’m talking about. If they still didn’t get it though, I’d put the 3000 in. And once they’ve got the full title, we can move to using an abbreviation like MST3K.

4 Likes

Yeah, MST3K for people who already know what it is… the full title for the mundanes.

4 Likes

It’d really be more of a sweater dress or tunic at this point. :smiley:

3 Likes

I try to say Theater in the way Pearl/Mary Jo does, but it just doesn’t work with a middle-England accent

4 Likes

I say EMMMMM ESSSSS TEEEE THREEEEE KAAAAAY. Really slowly like that. Over and over again as I slowly rock back and forth and hit my head against the wall.

Join us!

8 Likes

Joining Welcome Home GIF

7 Likes

What about “Mistie” or “Mystie” ?

3 Likes

I do it anyway. For the laughter, for the love, for the boys…

4 Likes

I usually type it as “MSTie”

8 Likes

mūst-thrik

3 Likes

If you must thrik, do it outside.

3 Likes

I don’t usually use this term, but I think I’d agree on “MSTie”. I wouldn’t use Mystie because of the Myst game, but that’s me.

7 Likes

Also, it’s not your stie anyway. It’s mine! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I started with MST3K… then I got lazy and it’s become MST.

4 Likes