How do you say it?

Ah, Myst. I loved that game, and Riven too. The good old days.

3 Likes

I say it with a spoon, personally.

No, seriously in print just MST3K, but I think most people IRL Iā€™d talk to about the show settle on ā€œIs that the one with the robots talking over the movie?ā€

I just go along with it.

5 Likes

I have a new co-worker that saw my MST3K license plate and immediately responded by saying, ā€œPACKERSā€!

11 Likes

you mean you have a NEW BEST FRIEND

6 Likes

I use ā€œMystery Science Theaterā€ in verbal conversations, but I always use MST3K when texting my MSTie bestie, because weā€™re into the whole brevity thing

7 Likes

Yeah same ā€œmst3kā€ is too many syllables for normal conversation, especially if Iā€™m not talking to people who already know what that stands for haha

3 Likes

But it does preserve the ā€œmysteryā€ part at least!

4 Likes

Well itā€™s neck and neck for second place with 88 votes. How will things fare when the tally gets over 100? Only time will tell. And votes. Time and votes.

For all the people who say ā€œMST3Kā€ to strangers, does anyone ever ask you what an ā€œemestyā€ is?

3 Likes

It sounds uncommonly like amnesty. Amnesty 3000. What would that show be?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know but I bet it stars an Italian dude in leather, with flowing blonde hair, and driving a muscle car with spikes across a vast wasteland.

5 Likes

Co-starring Fred Williamson with gold lame pirate boots and a scimitar that shoots lasers, plus a winsome child who can read minds.

4 Likes

or who can fix anything.

6 Likes

@CLANG_Potroast

Okay, I think youā€™ve just described the sequel to Warriors of the Wasteland.

4 Likes

Or any other movie of the same nature/national origin. At this point, for most of us, it should be kind of like doing Mad Libs.

(Iā€™m fine if they want to skip the sexual assault stuff in all future episodes, though. Replace that with dance-offs or something.)

3 Likes

If talking with like-minded friends, Iā€™ll shorten it to MST.

Any other conversation, itā€™s MST3K.

If Iā€™m singing along to the theme song, itā€™s

:musical_note:Mystery Science Theater Three Thou-suuuund :musical_note: guitar twang

6 Likes

That title describes the genre.

4 Likes

How do I say it? Disestablishmentarianism. Pretty much like itā€™s spelled.

3 Likes

Hiring any more people?

3 Likes

Always, AND, your just down the road. What part of VA are you from?

2 Likes

Depends on the gauge.

(mustā€¦ notā€¦ castā€¦ onā€¦)

3 Likes