How long to watch EVERY FREE EPISODE in the Gizmoplex

Was wondering if anyone in the process of doing PR figured out how long it would take to watch every free episode of MST3K (not the shorts) in the Gizmoplex

It’s too late to binge them all between Christmas & New Years, but if you start on January 1st how many hours would it take to watch all the available Season 1-10 episodes?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know which episodes they’re counting, but this website says watching the whole series is 14 days, 16 hours.

7 Likes

At 90 minutes each, that comes out to 224 episodes, so that is in the wheelhouse for KTMA through season 13, with the movie thrown in for good measure.

6 Likes

[puts on aviator sunglasses]

LET’S FIND OUT.

13 Likes

Thanks!

It also breaks it down by seasons, and goes 1-10.

Since there’s less than that in the Gizmoplex imagine the free content would take around two weeks!

3 Likes

I made a playlist in Plex of just the free episodes, and it tells me 9 days. Which isn’t the answer in hours, sorry (I’m remote from my server and can’t just drop them all into VLC to get a for-reals runtime). But I guess we’re in the neighborhood of 204 - 228 hours.

1 Like

Thank you so much! That’s a lot easier than looking at all the run times and keeping a running total, which I am trying to avoid.

Not that anyone should stay up that long, but that’s over 9 days of programs :exploding_head:

1 Like

Or around here, a slow Tuesday.

(I’m quite adept at this whole “time bending” thing.)

5 Likes

A faster estimate would be to sum the available episodes (since the front page tells us how many items are in each season) and multiply by 1.5, which assumes a 90-minute runtime on average. So the 145 episodes would come in at 217.5 hours, which fits pretty snugly in my larger estimate that took more than the minute or so it took me to do this one.

2 Likes

Owl GIF by Zack Kantor

7 Likes

If you play them all simultaneously, we can have this done in less than two hours.

9 Likes