How to contact a forum admin?

Howdy all! Someone had wondered how to change their username (Change username? - #2 by McCloud) and the reply suggested contacting an admin to see if it can be done. Does anyone know how to contact an admin?

When I got the email about the forums I signed up so fast I didn’t even think about a clever username but now I kind of wish I had something less boring…

1 Like

You can flag a post with the “something else” category and leave a note, although I don’t know if that has a negative impact on the flagged user. Becoming a “Regular” user, for instance, does not happen with lots of flags on you.

Usually if I see something I send a message to Lesley or Ivan. Or if they are needed in a more direct way, like to answer a question in a thread, I invoke their usernames. You can get anyone’s attention by dropping @<username> into a post. To get me you just shout @NotTVsFrank into the void and I will hear. This works for our dear admins as well, and they are very helpful and responsive.

3 Likes

If you go to the about link it lists the Admins.

Just click on the profile/picture for one of them and it gives you an option to message that person.

2 Likes

So is @spookysquirrel a test user, or a bot, or what? They are technically an admin, but appear to have no history or accrued activity.

1 Like

Message me! I can change it for you.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, Kronk hasn’t been around to translate his squeaks into text.

4 Likes

Wonderful, thank you so much! And thanks to everyone on this thread for their help and info.

That might be one of the best references I’ve seen in a while. Thank you for Kronk!

1 Like

Delighted to report that @Lesley was able to grant my new username and now I have a new avatar to match!

1 Like