How to get into the Gizmoplex

I saw the preview of what the Gizmoplex is going to look like after the first event and I’ve now seen posts with people talking about it like the escalators and standees and such. All I get when I try going to the Gizmoplex is just the row of tickets with none of the bells and whistles. I’ve tried from a PC an iPad.

Is there something I’m doing wrong or is it just still in testing and I just don’t know the secret handshake to get in?

3 Likes

The website is https://theater.gizmoplex.com/

When you land on the page, click on the theater and that should take you into the lobby. There should be a cambot in the upper right-hand corner that you can use as your directory.

4 Likes

Ah okay. I thought everyone that backed it could get in but It looks like I wasn’t one of the ones picked to try it out. Guess I’ll just watch from the Gizmoplex.com site until the thing goes live. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, I think passes are going out to backers slowly but surely in the order you backed it. I might be wrong but that’s what I remember

2 Likes

Can you tell me how to get, how to Gizmoplex Streeeeeeet

1 Like

Take the Yamanote line.

1 Like

Backers had to opt into the beta earlier this year. So unless you were one of those people you’ll have to wait until the final release.

Honestly I can’t wait seeing all the teaser stuff beta testers have been sharing. I should have opted in!

2 Likes

There’s some great stuff and some stuff I hope gets improved for the final release. Overall, I think it’s admirable what they are trying to do with the virtual theater, but I still find myself watching a lot on the Gizmoplex Site, if only because it’s easier to use on mobile.

1 Like

Now I’m confused; I thought the “opt-in” was for the early beta test of the Gizmoplex website, and all backers were (eventually) going to get early access to the Virtual Theater?

3 Likes

Yeah, the Virtual Theater is still in beta until May. After that, all backers will have access to the Virtual Theater.

1 Like

No, they have transitioned now to inviting backers in the order they pledged and then those who purchased their pass before they froze early access after the Kickstarter. The process was estimated (about 2 weeks ago) to take 4-6 weeks to invite everyone, but the completion of that will still be well before the public launch.

3 Likes

Yup! Imagine my surprise when I got an invite yesterday.

I’m in the process of upgrading my computer so I won’t be able to try it until later this week (nuts!)

2 Likes